Chapter Eighteen - "Wild, Ravenous Sex."

18 – “Wild, Ravenous Sex.”

“I don’t trust him.” Sirius said sternly as he sat in his kitchen across from Tasmin.

                “Don’t be ridiculous; he’s one of your best friends!” Tasmin scoffed as she smiled at Evie crawling on the floor.

                It was five months since James and Lily’s wedding and Voldemort was rising more rapid than ever.

                “Then where has he been for all this time?” Sirius counter acted.

                “Dumbledore told you-”

                “He was busy, but with what and how does Dumbledore know?” Tasmin sighed, they had had this conversation too many times and she was getting tired of it. Sirius wanted to protect her and Evie, especially after Savannah dropping the bomb about Voldemort wanting the couple’s baby.

                “James and Lily are coming out tonight for Evie’s birthday,” Tasmin changed the subject.

                Sirius smiled as he looked down at his daughter who had pulled herself up to a standing position, her tiny hands clinging onto the legs of the chair as if her life depended on it. She was advancing at a quick pace according to Tasmins baby books. She could say lots of words and was close to using full sentences, she was crawling and she could pull herself up to stand.

                She was a beautiful baby yet looked nothing like either parent; Sirius had a dark appearance with his slightly tanned skin, black eyes and black hair and Tasmin had an average appearance in her natural colouring with brown hair, brown eyes and not-pale but not-tanned skin. Evie, however, had snow white skin, purple eyes and silver hair that fell to her shoulders in messy, corkscrew curls.

                “What time are they coming?” Sirius asked as Tasmin began to start their dinner.

                She was about to reply when Evie cut her off, “Mama, baba, baba,” she babbled.

                “Really?” Tasmin replied with an eyebrow raised, “Then what happened?” Sirius watched as his girlfriend and daughter continued to interact with each other for a while before the doorbell rang.

                He jumped for the door and opened it wide to reveal the Potters. “Hey Sirius,” Lily grinned as he stepped aside to let her in and she gave him a kiss on the cheek in greeting, “We brought Evie’s present!”

                James stepped in behind her and gave Sirius a quick hug while Lily’s back was turned, acting like nothing happened when she turned back to them.

                When they walked into the kitchen it was to see Tasmin covered in flour staring at Evie. She looked up at them and said, “I have no idea what happened.” While Evie laughed.

*

“That was … nice,” Lily grimaced as she finished her slice of cake.

The cake had been burnt on the outside and raw on the inside but Tasmin was extremely excited that it was the first thing she had ever made that hadn’t gone on fire. Sirius was struggling to finish his while James had refused point blank to eat any.

“James, want to help me put Evie to bed?” Tasmin asked in an attempt to talk to him alone.

“Not really,” He shrugged but one glare from Tasmin had him backtracking, “But I will any way.”

Once they were in Evies room Tasmin cast a silence spell to prevent anyone from over hearing. She took a deep breath and turned to James who was struggling to get Evie into her pyjamas.

“Sirius doesn’t trust Remus,” She blurted. James froze his eyes wide in disbelief.

“Why?”

“Remus has been undercover with Greyback and Sirius thinks that it might be corrupting him. He’s under the impression that Moony is spying on the Order,”

“That’s ridiculous!” James scoffed, “Moony’s one of us!”

“I know,” Tasmin groaned, running a hand through her now blue hair.

“What else is there?” James asked.

“He … He told Dumbledore of his suspicions.”

“What did Dumbledore say?”

“To think carefully of what he was accusing. And that he should remember that Remus is one of his oldest friends.”

“We can’t turn on each other,” James sounded determined as he finally got Evie into her cot. “That’s just what Voldemort wants.”

Tasmin sighed as they made their way to the kitchen where Lily and Sirius were drinking cups of tea.

“There you are,” Lily grinned, “We were calling you.”

“Sorry love, we were just having wild, ravenous sex,” James grinned as he slid into the seat beside his wife who giggled while Sirius just up-sided him.

Surprisingly I got this written despite Cookie and Oreo’s attempts to stop me with their insane barking and Gareth and Lee throwing things at me while they searched for clothes for the week XD

Short note with a short chapter, five votes for the next chapter, ten if you want a long one XD

I’m gonna go for a five hour drive to Nana and Jim’s,

Nikki.