Chapter Nineteen - "Maybe Voldemort just needs to get laid."

19 – “Maybe Voldemort just needs to get laid.”

(Important A/N at the end)

One year later

Tasmin and Sirius were walking up the little path to Lily and James’ front door, Evie sitting on Sirius’ shoulders, when they could hear shouting drifting through the open window.

                “.. For the last time we are not calling our baby ‘Actual Proof I Had Sex with Lily’!” Lily’s voice screeched.

“I don’t know what you have against awesome unisex names, but fine, we’ll call him Harry!” James roared in response as Tasmin pushed the door open even wider to reveal the fighting couple who were yet to notice them.

“In fairness, it’s better than what Sirius wanted to call Evie. ‘My Dad Is the Sexiest Man Ever’ is a million times worse.” Tasmin called out with a grin making Lily and James jump in shock, Lily place her hands on her swollen belly.

“I still maintain that ‘Evangeline’,” He said the name with a look of distaste, “Is a crazy old cat ladies name.”

“Yeah, and what’s up with Serenity? That child is Satan’s spawn,” A new voice called out and Tasmin turned around to find Remus leaning against the banister of the stairs with his arms crossed.

With a squeal she ran over to him and enveloped him into a bear hug which he responded to by giving her a squeeze as he wrapped his arms around her waist. When Tasmin pulled away from him she noticed the little bits of grey in his brown hair and new cuts on his face to join the old ones. His clothes were even more ragged than usual and he looked as though a gust of wind would knock him over.

“What are you doing here?” She smiled widely.

“I’m staying with James and Lily for a few days, I wanted to be here to help when the baby comes,” He grinned as he led her into the kitchen to join the others.

Remus gave Sirius a hearty hello which Sirius responded to with a stiff nod.

“So, what’s the story?” James asked with a clap of his hands, “Are you guys staying for the next couple of days until James Junior is born?” He finished with Lily slapping the back of his head.

“Well someone needs to look after Lily, I clearly remember you rocking back and forth in floods of tears when Evie was being born,” Tasmin laughed and the others joined her while James scowled and punched Sirius in the arm.

“You were no better, you actually fainted!” Sirius scowled back and punched James’ shoulder.

“Go die!” He muttered.

James was about to retort when a knock on the door interrupted him. He left the kitchen giving evils to Sirius as he went. When he came back a few moments later it was with Dumbledore in tow. Lily smiled, about to greet him but his solemn expression caused her greeting to die in her throat, along with everyone else’s.

“Professor,” Remus broke the silence, “What’s wrong?”

Dumbledore appeared to scrutinize each one of them before his eyes fell on the two year old reading a book at the table. James noticed his frown deepening and bent down to level.

“Evie, why don’t you go read in the sitting room and I’ll find some colours for us?” Evie’s purple eyes widened as she noticed the thick tension between the grown-ups and she gave a quick nod before hopping off the chair and scurrying out the door, Dumbledore placing a silencing charm behind her.