Prologue - "We're going to Hogwarts!"

This is my first Fan Fiction! It's about the Mauraders and their last year of school up. I really hope you enjoy it and if I make any mistakes I would appreciate it if you could tell me so I can fix it. This is based on the Harry Potter series and most characters belong to the amazing J.K. Rowling.

Dedicated to em1297 for editing :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue – “We’re going to Hogwarts!”

A young boy with light brown hair stood alone on the platform waiting for the scarlet train he had always dreamed about boarding but never believing it to become reality. Although he was clearly excited – his legs so bouncy anyone passing-by thought he was about to wet himself – he couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable. Everyone around him was wearing clean, casual clothes but he had already changed into his uniform so no-one could see the shabby clothes his mother spent all night darning for him. His mother was standing a few feet away talking happily to another woman who was surrounded by about twelve children while his father talked to an older man who was with his wife and what looked like a grandson.

                His mother called him over with the happy smile that graced her face so easily and he walked briskly to her. “Remus, this is Olivia. One of her girls, Tasmin, is starting her first year of Hogwarts with you.” Remus’ mother pointed out the short girl with fiery red hair who was chasing two of the younger boy’s. An older girl, though not by much, had a baby on her hip and with extreme skill grabbed the speeding girl by the scruff of her neck and pulled her close to her. She whispered something and the younger girl began to pout.

“Tasmins a bit wild, she’s always getting into trouble. But I think most of the time she’s just trying to get the younger kids out of trouble.” The woman said with a shake of her head and a wide smile.

“How many children do you have?” Remus’ mother said as she put her arm around Remus’ shoulders.

“I don’t have any children myself. These are the kids from my Orphanage, there are thirteen.” Olivia said with a sad smile.

“Are you a Muggle? I didn’t know there were Wizarding Orphanages.” Remus’ mother replied excitedly, it wasn’t often she met fellow Muggles in the Wizarding world.

“No I’m a Witch, so are all of the children, though lots of them are Muggle born.”

                Remus heard his name being called and looked over to see his father beckoning him. He untangled himself from his mother who was talking animatedly with the other woman and jogged over to his father. “Charlus Potter, this is my son Remus Lupin.” Mr Lupin smiled proudly, delighted that his son was going to be going to Hogwarts. Mr Potter grabbed his unsuspecting son and introduced him.

“This is James, my son.” James, a little annoyed at being dragged away gave a short laugh and ran a hand through his ebony hair. Remus was a little surprised, having earlier though that James was Mr Potter’s grandson.