The Return

Day 7:
That morning, upon Hagger's entry into his cell, Lance was ready.
"Why hello there Madame wombat, my most favorite kidnapper!"

The witch twitched (ha that's like the same word with a T haha).
"Keen on giving us information today? Or do you want another visit with my friend the General?" She asked with a smirk.

Lance didn't miss a beat. He had a plan.
"That's a negative to both. How 'bout a deal? You tell me all your little Galra plans, and maybe, just maybe I'll tell you some things about my fellow Paladins. Deal?" (Or no deal?! Whoops sorry I'm ruining it carry on)

Hagger replied with her signature ugly smirk.
"Deal."
______________________________________
Keith wouldn't say he had given up hope, but really, he had. A week Lance had been gone, and they had no indication of knowing where on Earth (space?) he was.

So, that morning, when he heard the knocking against the castle, he immediately thought the worst. The Galra had finished with Lance and had now come for the rest of them, hadn't they?

He left his room to see everyone gathered around Allura, their faces shocked, except Pidge, who looked-- excited?

He moved towards where they were all staring, and he too, did a double-take.

How in the world (in the galaxy?) was Blue here!?
_______________________________________

Minutes later, she was safely inside. It was unusual seeing the lion without her chosen paladin- almost alarming.

"This is great! This is so fantastically great!!"
Pidge was practically shaking with excitement.
"Excuse me," Hunk raised his hand. "But what's so 'fantastically great'? It's not like she brought back Lance..."
There was a minute of silence before Pidge explained.

"Well, for one thing she has a surveillance camera built-in to her systems. That means we can see if Lance is ali- okay. But most importantly, she's programmed to be able to show her last location!"

Keith could feel his hope rising. They might be able to find Lance! And soon!

"Great," Keith said. "Then let's  see what he's been up to."
_______________________________________

After around three hours of watching, the footage stopped. The last thing that Blue's cameras had picked up was Lance's sad smile as he had set Blue free.

They had seen everything. The pain Lance had to endure, for them? It broke Keith's heart.
They had been shocked at the Galra's methods, especially the dreams they made him have and how they had sorted through his memories. They had to fast forward through most parts, it was just too painful to watch.

Keith's heart ached for Lance, the boy who always carried a smile, no matter how hard it got. The boy who had been reduced to nothing but tears, the boy who was completely and utterly alone in a ship full of merciless aliens.
He was alive. But he was barely living.

Keith turned to his teammates. Shiro was shocked, Hunk was sobbing, and Pidge had tears streaming down her face. Coran and Allura stood back, their expressions conveying how sorry they felt for the Blue paladin.

As for Kieth? Kieth was fuming. How could they hurt him? And for information no less!

He was just about to suggest they look for Lance's location when Blue made a loud screeching sound and all power went off.

"W-what just happened!?" Keith exclaimed. "Pidge, fix it! We have to find him!" Keith could feel tears streaming down his own face now.

Pidge lowered her head.
"I-I can't, Kieth! I'm so stupid! We should've looked first!"

"Wait, w-what's happening?" Hunk asked.
Pidge groaned.
"She must of had a long flight back. Her systems shut down."

"What does that mean?" Shiro asked.
"It means," Allura said grimly. "She won't be able to turn back on for a while."

Keith paled. "How- how long exactly?"

Another tear fell down Pidge's cheek. "Around two  more weeks."
_______________________________________

Zarkon sat impatiently, tapping his foot against the legs of his chair.
Where was Hagger anyway? She was supposed to update him on the wretched human hours ago.

There was silence for another few minutes until she burst through the door, slightly out of breath.

"Where have you been?" He asked (more like shouted). "Anyway, what's the news?"

"Two things." She said with a smile. "The paladin has offered a deal."

"A deal?" Zarkon asked, slightly surprised.
She nodded. "Oh yes. Our plans in exchange for information."

Zarkon grinned. "Fantastic! You know what to do?"
"Of course!" Hagger replied.

"Great, take part in this 'deal' tomorrow. Other than that, you are dismissed."

"Thank you Zarkon, but there's one more thing."
"And that is?"

The witches smile grew even larger.
"The Blue Lion should have reached the others by now. We're so close!"

Zarkon smiled as well.
"Very close. The Paladins of Voltron will be in our clutches, very, very soon."
______________________________________

(A/N)- this is almost painfully short, and I don't like it that much but I mean necessary plot development so yay.

but, hey look guys I updated.