Blue

Day 5:
That night, Lance barely slept.
Partly because every time he closed his eyes, all he saw was red.

Firstly, there was the red he's come to like. The red of Keith's jacket, his lion, and on some occasions, the flush of his cheeks.
Then there was the red of blood. Blood dripping from his friends heads, pools of it beneath their feet. It was the type of red Lance had come to hate.

But, Lance had been dealing with insomnia for years, and being kidnapped hadn't helped much with this, so all in all, he was used to it.

The real reason Lance didn't sleep that night was because of Blue.
Now, Lance hadn't thought much of Blue in the past however-long-he's-been-there, as she was unusually quiet, even for a robot-lion. After all, it was his robot lion, and he talked quite a lot so why should she be any different?

But, she chose as soon as wombat woman left to finally open her eyes.
And when she did, Lance almost had a heart attack.

"BLUE?!? Oh my god Blue! I didn't know if you were still working andomgImissedyousomuchahhhhhIthoughtsomethingbadhappenedtoyouand-"

She effectively shut him up with a low growl. Um she was his lion and all but they haD A BOND SO SHE SHOULD BE GENTLE WITH HIS FEELINGS AND MAYBE NOT GROWL AT HIM?? Just a thought.

His reunion with Blue was not a happy one. Sure she looked happy to see him, but she looked sort of...urgent?

She looked him over pointedly, checking for any injuries before sitting still once again, and raising her head slightly to a window conveniently placed just above her.
Lance thought he was the dumbest person to ever roam outer space. Seriously, an animatronic space lion had more common sense then he did? (If you listen closely you can hear Keith's laughter in the distance, Lance actually thought he was smart HA).

Lance attempted to stand for the first time in days. Then, he abruptly fell. Who knew sitting constantly for a week would leave him incapable of balance? However, Lance did manage to somehow drag himself to the other side of the room, all the while flinching at any sudden noise he happened to hear.

When Lance eventually reached Blue's side, he almost collapsed. Luckily, Blue was quick to catch him, and Lance didn't face plant. Yay.

With all the strength he could muster, Lance pulled as hard as he could on the window, this time actually falling to the floor at how easily it came open. Just great.
He heard the gentle creaks of Blue saying goodbye, and then she took off out the window.

By this time, Lance was exhausted. As he closed his eyes for the final time that night, his vision was for once, blood free. He sighed with relief and pulled his knees up to his chest. Please find them Blue. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.
_______________________________________
His dreams however, were not blood free.
"I think I see him!" Hunk's voice shouted, as his whole team and Allura and Coran stood in his open doorway.

Lance wanted to scream. "Get out! They can't get to you guys too. You all have to leave RIGHT NOW!"
Keith growled. "If you think we're leaving without you then-"

"You're right." A new voice said from behind the Paladins. It was the Commander that had gave Lance food. "You won't be leaving without him. In fact- you won't be leaving at all."
He swiftly pushed everyone inside, closing the door behind him. A wicked smile slowly spread across his face, and Lance felt himself shiver.

"Would you look at this. Now everyone's here for the fun." He slowly took out his gun from his holster on his hip. "Now we can kill off the spare." He pointed the gun at Lance.

Lance's eyes went wide with shock, before they closed, his face pulling up into a grimace.
"You won't even think about touching him, or I'll snap your neck." Keith managed to growl, and Lance didn't know whether to compliment him on his stupidity or his bravery when he stood in front of Lance, effectively pointing the gun towards himself instead.

"Keith I swear to all of space. If you don't move right now I'll-"
Keith looked down on him softly. "I am not leaving your side" he whispered.
He gulped. Now matter how sweet Mcmullet was deciding to be, he would NOT let him take the blow for him. He would never let any of them get hurt in his place.

He heard the click of a trigger being pulled, and Lance went into action. His reflexes suddenly kicked in as he used his left leg to swipe at Keith's feet, making the smaller boy fall to the ground with a surprised "oh".

Lance squeezed his eyes shut, and seconds later he felt the quick pain of a gun shot to his chest. His eyes fluttered open briefly to the feeling, but all he could see was the red of his blood pouring out like a never-ending waterfall. All he could hear was the quiet sobs of his team.

"You big idiot!" Keith whispered, wiping the tears off of Lance's cheekbones. "You stupid, stupid, idiot!"
Lance smiled. "Bye...Keith. Don't be too sad I'm g-gone. Remember to..." his breathing stopped.

The last thing that Lance heard were Keith's screams before his eyes snapped open.
And to his horror, he wasn't alone.
_______________________________________
(A/N)- look! You don't have to hate me for making Lance suffer- now you can hate me for making Keith suffer too! Yay!
Honestly this chapter was a bit rough, but we needed Blue to escape so we can be one step closer to Klance! No need to thank me ;))
Also I made Lance call Keith Mcmullet and you CAN NOT tell me that that's not a ship name for them like come on. (McClain? Mullet? Mcmullet??! Lance ships it)
Anywho comment,vote, and tell me what you thought! See ya next time for some more angst!
-witch_demigod_runner