A New Tactic

Day 10:
Lance had been sleeping peacefully (as peaceful as possible when you were being held captive on a foreign ship that is) when a loud slam interrupted his beauty sleep. Honestly, the Galra were so rude.

His eyes fluttered open, wincing at the sudden light. When everything came into focus, he saw the source of the noise, Hagger and Lotor. They had apparently knocked down the tray of food that had most likely been brought while he was sleeping. Great.

He glared down at the upside down tray.
"What did my food ever do to you?"

A small snort was heard, followed by Hagger jabbing the Prince with her elbow. Lance, however, was too upset to notice. He continued to glare down at the tray.
"If you wanted to kill me, couldn't you just shoot me or something? Seems wayyyy more humane then starving me. Wait, does the term humane even apply to you guys? I mean it has the word 'human' inside of it, and you guys are kind of aliens? Do you know what humane means? Judging by your torture techniques I would guess not. Anyway, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Hagger stood shocked for a moment.
"How is it possible for anyone to talk that much? Anyway you won't starve- Altean food goo was found in your system, it sadly can keep you alive without eating for up to 7 days . As to why we're here?" She paused and looked disdainfully down at Lotor. "He has come up with a surprisingly brilliant idea. A new tactic, it would seem."

Lance didn't know what to think about this. This prince guy didn't seem too bad. What's the worst that could happen?
"What was his idea? I can't wait to see what suffering lies before me."

Hagger gave her signature yellow-toothed smile.
"Ingenious really. After my fifth time asking he seemed rather exasperated. He suggested we try doing multiple tortures at once."
Lance's face lost some of its color.
"Oh, this is sure going to be fun."
______________________________

Minutes later, Lance found himself seated in his not-so-favorite metal chair. This time though, both the General and Hagger stood before him. Lotor it seemed, had asked to not be present for what was about to happen. Lance found this particularly strange- maybe not all Galra enjoyed watching torture? That would sure be a new concept.

Lance knew what was coming. Well he kind of knew. He'd been through Hagger's mind shattering magic blasts, and the Generals fists. Both at the same time? Should be a walk in the park.

Well, if a walk in the park was extremely, terrifyingly bad. Then sure.

The first blast of magic hit him square in the chest. His heart felt as if it were being set on fire, doused in water, and then being drowned with said water. But what was worse was the punch to the jaw he received with it.

Another punch was sent to his nose, as well as a swift kick in his stomach. His eyes began to sting.
I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not-

A loud scream escaped from his mouth as Hagger shot a a powerful blast of magic to his head, splitting his thoughts in half.

The attacks kept coming, Lance biting his lip so hard to keep from screaming and sobbing, the taste of blood on his tongue.
The only thing that kept the teardrops from falling down? Distraction.

Lance thought of his team.
Shiro was by far the dad of the group (spACE DAD! I'm sorry is this bad time to cut in? Probably). He would tell the whole team what to do, as well as crack some especially horrible dad jokes.

Lance felt another punch to his jaw, a muffled sob slipping through his gritted teeth.

He shut his eyes, picturing Allura and Coran in his mind. He really had grown to love those guys, they were like alien extended family.

The next attack hurt so much, a single tear managed to escape from his closed eyes. He squeezed his eyelids together as tight as he could.

Series of thoughts came through his mind. Hunk, Pidge, and himself in the first flight simulator. Keith's smile as they finally managed to flip the pool right-side up.

A burst of magic was shot through his head all the way down to his toes. He grit his teeth. No crying, no screaming, no pain. Distraction, distraction, distraction.

He pictured the first family Christmas he could remember. His mother and father had been freaking out over cleaning, as his grandma was on her way. "The house will be totally impeccable" his mom had said. (Abuelaaa is coming! Wait I'm ruining the immersion again aren't I hahah continue with the langst.)

More and more thoughts swirled through his mind, accompanied by the hits still being thrown at him.

His little sisters first birthday. Blast of magic. The first day of 4th grade, where he met a kind boy named Hunk. A punch to his temple.

This continued for another 30 minutes until his world went blissfully dark.

Who knew passing out would be such a blessing? For a while, the pain would be gone. That is, until he wakes up. Hopefully that isn't anytime soon.
______________________________

(A/N)- hello hello hello!!
I come with another PAINFULLY short chapter. Was that too soon to pun?? Whoops.

I'm soooo sorry that it's bad IM SO SORRY!! I'm going through a lot of stuff right now, but you guys needed a chapter ASAP! I'm not the most proud of it, but here it is.

As promised, I brought Langst? I'm sorry if it's not what you expected, this chapter was kind of rushed as I'm currently writing through a hurricane. Fun.

Anyway hope you enjoyed it at least! Sorry for the long authors note!
-witch_demigod_runner