The Prince

Day 9:

Hagger had no idea what to expect, but it sure wasn't this.

In the room now stood a new member, one who Hagger gazed upon with absolute dread.
"Zarkon, please don't tell me you meant for my partner to be him!"

Zarkon frowned.
"He must learn the ways of the Galra now. Who better to teach him?"

Hagger sighed rather loudly.
"But Zarkon, I can't work miracles!" Zarkon looked down at her, exasperated. "Just look at... His hair! Its way too long! Instead of me teaching him I bet he'd rather have a hair cut! Isn't that right, Lotor?"

The other occupant of the room slowly turned around, a shocked look apparent on his face.
"My hair?! Honey please, you wish you had beautiful flowing locks like this." He flipped said hair at this, causing the strands to fly into Zarkon's face.

Zarkon swatted it away absently, holding the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.
"Just take him to the boy, and no complaining. Be gone!"
He pushed Hagger and Lotor through the open door, slamming it behind them.

There was a minutes silence.
"Y'know, I could help you out with that hair problem."

Hagger screamed in frustration.
_____________________________________

Lance found himself sitting in the dining area of the castle.

Allura, Coran, and the other four paladins sat there, serious faced and in deep discussion.

"So what's the plan?" Hunk asked anxiously.

Keith stared at him.
"Isn't it obvious? We find the ship that he's on, break in, beat up some aliens, grab Lance and leave. I've been ready to go since yesterday."

"Keith, we all miss him, but you know we can't just barge in without a solid plan."

Keith sunk lower in his seat, muttering lowly.

"Shiro's right," Allura began. "We need a good plan to go and rescue Lance. Any ideas?"

Lance listened to their conversation from the doorway. They were coming to rescue him? That was a bad idea. As in really really bad. As in, the worst bad idea that was ever an idea.

He rushed into the room, yelling at the top of his lungs.
"GUYS NO! YOU CANT COME FOR ME! ITS A TRAP, GUYS NO!"

But it was as if the paladins couldn't hear him. They continued their conversation like nothing had happened, and Lance's heart sank.

To make matters worse, he was torn. Of course he wanted them to save him, but he needed them to go on without him. Saving him was out of the question- it would take Voltron out of the picture forever.

Lance hated being the cause of  his teams heartache, his teams eventual demise. He wished he had never stepped into Blue's cave. They'd be so much better off without him.
______________________________________

Lance woke up with a start, sweat clinging to his skin, and even his eyes? (Those are called tears, honey.)

He dried his face on his shirt (armor thingie, whatever its called), thinking of his last dream.

It wasn't his usual nightmares about death, or his family, but somehow it made him feel the worst.

If his friends come and save him, they would be captured. His nightmares would come true! It was all his fault for being paladin-napped.

Lance's thoughts were abruptly shut off as he heard the door of his room open, and he put on his best neutral face.

Only for it to be replaced with confusion.
Hagger stood in front of him as usual (her usual ugliness too), but with her was a new alien.

One with long white hair and a smug grin.

Hagger looked more annoyed then usual.
"This is Prince Lotor, my new... partner. Apparently I need a partner now."

Lance examined his new torturer.
"Are you aware your name sounds like that acronym for Lord of the Rings?"

Lotor looked down at him in confusion.
"Not gonna lie, I have no idea what that means."

Lance sighed. Who knew the Galra didn't know Earth book/movie series?
He looked at Hagger expectantly.
"What tortures do I have to look forward to today?"

Hagger let out a long sigh, pointing to Lotor with her thumb.
"I was told to let Long Locks over here decide."

Lotor stared at her.
"I thought looking at you would be punishment enough."

Lance blinked at this, barely controlling his laughter.

Hagger had half a mind to blast him with her magic, or even hit him with a chair.

Lotor just stood there proudly, smiling happily at his own joke.

After a few minutes, Hagger finally spoke.
"Zarkon brought you to me in hopes that I could make you more... Galra. Instead you have insulted and annoyed me nonstop, and you dont even have a torture technique to use on our helpless prisoner! We are coming back later, and you better have a solid idea!" With that, she stormed away, still complaining about the 'useless prince'.

Once she was finally out of earshot, Lotor turned to Lance.
"You have to deal with that almost everyday? Man I feel sorry for you."

The Prince then turned and left too. Lance just sat there, not really sure what had just happened.
_____________________________________

(A/N)- GuYs!!! Its Lance's BIRTHDAY! my boys, birthday, im,,, in tears.

Anyway look guys I updated!
Tell me what you think about Lotor's character? I dont know his personality bc season 3 isn't here yet (SOON) so I'm giving him one! its gonna be different from other fics, where he's all mean all the time (for now).

And boy oh boy where's the Langst? Coming soon to a update near you ;)

Anyway I hope you liked this chapter (sorry it was a bit rushed) byeeeee
-witch_demigod_runner