Thanks for the Memories

EVEN THOUGH THEY WERENT SO GREAT, HE TASTES LIKE YOU ONLY SWEETERRRRRR (haha whoops)
Day 4 continued:
Lance felt like his head was about to shatter. Side affects of Hagger trying to get to his memories perhaps?
Well, whatever she was doing, Lance wasn't gonna let her in easily. She had put some sort of projection thingie on the wall so she could see whatever he was seeing through her crazy witch magic and all that.If it's information she wants, maybe he could focus on things other then the team?

Color flooded his vision. First came little baby Lance. He was in his sisters arms, his mother beside her, smiling down at the chubby baby.
"Welcome to the world mijo, bring as much light into it as you can." His mother in his mind cooed at him.

The image switched in a swirl, as if the early memory was going down a drain. In its place was 3 year old Lance, on his brothers back whilst they spun around rapidly. There was a huge smile on his face, laughter spilling from his mouth.

The image changed again, and it was Lance's first day at school. He watched as his mother and father walked away, leaving him in tears in a place where nobody knew him.

More and more memories swirled up. Lance with his favorite teddy bear when he was six. Eight year old Lance sitting at the table with his father, desperately trying to learn the funny language most kids knew from school. There was ten year old Lance sitting in the back of a rather crowded van, the whole car screaming the lyrics to cheesy Spanish songs. Then was twelve year old Lance, using cheesy pick up lines on his first crush. Then, only a year later, his first crush on a boy from school, him being terrified with his own feelings.

Images flashed through his mind. He could tell that the alien witch was getting all the more infuriated, he wasn't giving her what she wanted. That thought alone allowed a small smile to grace his lips, even though he was kind of embarrassed that a ship full of aliens had seen his private memories.

The witch began to growl, only causing Lance to chuckle quietly- which he immediately regretted doing.
"You loathesome human being. You are worth nothing. No wonder your team isn't even bothering to find you. You're not even useful for our purposes. You're not useful at all."

Involuntarily, more memories swirled around Lance's head. There was his first time aboard the castle- ship when he met both Coran and the Princess. Then there was Lance's first day at the Garrison space school, meeting a friendly boy with an odd name- Hunk. There was the first time Pidge had asked Lance to play a new video game that had just came out, in which they eventually started and finished in one night. There was the articles the school had put out from Shiro's capture with the Galra. Then lastly, there was the image of Keith and himself arguing (considering that's all they ever do and are too dense TO ADMIT THEY LIKE EACH OTHER okay).

"Ah we're getting closer..." Hagger began, and that's when Lance realized what was happening.

He tried as hard as he could to think of something else, anything but the other Paladins. He couldn't risk his friends getting hurt, of him being the cause. He desperately clinged to a random memory, one as unimportant as him.
The image abruptly changed to show Lances first pet- the dog he had got when he was 9.

He sighed in relief at the sudden change. He was going to have to be more careful from now on.
Finally, the memories came to a stop and Lance opened his eyes to reveal his cell in the alien ship. Oh great. He's still there.

Yup. Haggers face was still as ugly as ever.
"Still not willing to give us information yet? Hmmm we may have to start a new tactic..."
Lance's face went pale, as hers set into her hideous snaggle-toothed smile.
Yup. Definitely still as ugly as ever. Seriously she really needed to smile less.

"Bye bye little paladin. See you tomorrow." With a fleeting cackling laugh, she left Lance alone in his room once again. Great. More staring at the wall. Should be superrr exciting.
________________________________________
That night, Lance dreamed of his past. The memories he had with his family, both the old and the new, were precious to him. He would do whatever he had to to protect them, even if it meant giving himself up to the Galra forever.

Lance couldn't live with himself if any one he cared for got hurt because of him. Lance couldn't live with himself as it is.
_______________________________________
(A/N)- Honestly, my chapters keep getting shorter and shorter. Buuuutttt I hope you liked chapter 5! This was a bit of a tough one to write, and I'm not as happy with it as I am the others. But it was still interesting to write about Lance's past, as we know so little of it.
Anywho comment, vote, and tell me what you thought!
See ya next time for 'Day 5' of Damaged Beyond Repair!
-witch_demigod_runner