Chapter 012.05

Chapter 012.05

Jairus walked toward the kitchen and stood there as he watched Sharlene as she cooked their breakfast.

‘I- I don’t hate you.’ She remembered her words.

‘But what does that even mean? That’s could mean anything! Does that mean you like me? But if you do, is it as a friend only or more than a friend?’ he took a deep breath.

“Hey Toto! Breakfast is ready. Kain na!” she invited him with a smile.

“Right.” He hesitated to join her.

As they were eating their food, Jairus started the question.

“What did you mean by what you told me yesterday?” Jairus started, making Sharlene stop eating.

Sharlene let out a mysterious smile and continued to eat her food.

“Just like I said. I don’t hate you.” She told without hesitation. “Now, finish your food.” She told him calmly.

‘She somehow changed. She seems to be more confident now.’ He realized as he watched her eat her food.

“By the way.” She started. “Thanks for taking care of me. I’ve always let my fever aside whenever I had a fever. If it wasn’t for you, I don’t think I’d still be in bed sick. Thank you.” She thanked him, leaving him speechless.

‘Something’s wrong. It feels like she’s slipping away from me.’ He figured. ‘She looked as if she was saying goodbye just now.’

Jairus stood up and was about to say something when Sharlene also got up to put her plate away.

“Hurry up or you’ll be late.” She demanded.

Jairus was left speechless.

Moments later, Sharlene and Jairus met up with Alex and Nash.

“Hey! Okay ka na?” Alexa started.

“Yeah. All thanks to Jairus.” She told her.

She turned toward him and let out a smile. Jairus then let out a nervous smile. Nash and Alexa then noticed something different and looked at each other. Kobi then came to join the gang.

Alexa then pulled Sharlene away from them and confronted her.

“Spill it. What’s going on?” she started.

Sharlene just let out a concerned look on her face and looked at Jairus. Jairus noticed and tried to eavesdrop on the two girls.

“You gonna tell me or not?” Alexa demanded.

Sharlene’s phone then rang.

“Sharlene speaking.” She answered professionally.

‘She never answered the phone like that before.’ Jairus noticed. ‘What’s going on?’ he noticed the look on her face change to a serious look.

“Thanks. I’ll meet you at the venue tomorrow at 8.” She replied.

“Nash. I need you to come with me tomorrow. I have a photo shoot.” Sharlene told Nash and walked away with Alexa.

‘So that means, Mika’s having a photo shoot as well then? At least I still get to see her.’ He felt relieved.

School was finally over and Sharlene went home ahead of Jairus as Jairus had some business to do with Mika.

“What do you think of this one?” Mika pulled out a striped shirt and showed it to him. “Hmm, doesn’t look good on you.” She realized.

“I don’t need anything.” He told her.

“I know. But I want to buy you something.” Mika replied.

“Why? What for? I’m not your boyfriend or anything.” He let out a confused look.

“Actually, you’re my fiancé.” She told him, with a big smile on her face.

“Whatever the magazine stated is all fake! I’m not yours and I will never be yours!” he argued.

“What? You didn’t know? Why do you think I had you switch as my body guard with Nash?” she replied calmly. “Your parents’ company is merging with ours. In return, you are to marry me for the merge to complete.” She explained.

‘What were those idiots thinking?! No wonder they never kept in touch.’ He let out an angry look.

Jairus was about to leave, when Mika stopped him.

“By the way, I’ll be living in with you and Sharlene starting next month. I would have started tomorrow, but my father wouldn’t allow me to.” She told him.

The new shocked him. Without thinking, he left Mika alone to rush home.

Mika just let out a smirk.

Jairus rushed inside his house and rushed to where Sharlene might be. He looked everywhere, but she was nowhere to be seen.

“Dammit Gigi! Where the hell are you?!” He yelled.

Little did he know, Sharlene was in the house, but in a secret room.

Sharlene was reading her books when she heard him yell, but ignored it.

“Naman! Can’t you just leave me alone for once?!” She angrily complained. “I’m already confused enough!” she added.

Jairus called Alexa, only to find out that she wasn’t with her.

“Where could she be?” he questioned himself.

He found himself in Sharlene’s room.

“Baka nag grocery shopping lang.” he thought out loud.

He then decided to have a surprise for her. He quickly got everything ready. Post in notes on the wall of her room with heart felt sentences for her. He then decided to put post it notes in her bathroom as well.

“Very girly” He told as he walked inside. “Let’s see. Post it notes on the mirror, bathtub, toilet, sink. Where else?” he placed the post it notes. “I should put some on her pads! So when she needs them, she’ll see the notes. Ahahaha!!” He’s now thinking of the idea as a joke.

He opened the cupboard under the sink to look for her pads. He then realized that the inside of the cupboard was different for the wall of it.

“What the heck? That’s odd, The inside isn’t wood at all.” he figured.

He shrugged the thought and saw the pads and put notes on each one, laughing as he placed the notes. He stood up as he finished. Before he left, he noticed a round light on the wall of the bathroom.

“I can put one on this one!” he realized.

He placed the post it note on the light, but as he pressed on the light to stick the note, he head a faint noise toward the cupboard. He looked inside the cupboard and noticed the bottom of it gone. He pressed the light again, and saw the bottom come back. He opened the bottom of the cupboard again. He quickly took out his phone and used the flashlight of the phone, only to see stairs leading down somewhere. He went down the stairs, but as he walked down, his entrance closed.

“What the heck?” he noticed.

The stairs then turned downward, turning the stairs into a slide and making Jairus slide down to where the secret passage lead.

He screamed as he was sliding down to an unknown path. There were no lights, making him frightened a little.

Sharlened heard his scream and stood up as he landed on the ground.

“Sharlene?” he saw her.

Sharlene sat down in shock.

//AUTHOR’S NOTE//

Yay! Another update!! I’ll do my best to catch up you guys! Please keep reading!!

I didn't proof read this chapter so pardon my mistakes and typos if ther are any.

Thank you!