Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Fourteen

I fall onto the millionth fluffy bed that I see. "This one," I pause, "is comfy," I finish as the bed moves when Van falls next to me.

"This one is okay, but it's not the one, you know?" Van says.

"Van," I groan. "You've said that about every bed, pick one already. It's not a life, or death situation."

"Abby, this is a very important process, you can't just sleep on any bed that tickles your fancy," he tells me, in a British accent.

"Tickles my what?"

"My point is, beds are like relationships; you have to make sure that you can sleep with the person— I mean bed, every night. If you can't, it's not the bed for you," he says, insightfully, getting off of the bed.

I take a deep breath as I get off the bed and follow him to the next. "Okay, then on to the next bed."

We walk around for a few more minutes, trying out a couple more beds until Van just stops in front of one. He faces his back to the bed and falls back.

"Ahh, now this one is nice," he smiles, patting the spot for me to fall back.

I lay back on the bed and look over at him. "This is the one," I tell him. "I can feel it, can you feel it?"

"Come here," Van says. Instead of waiting for me to scoot closer to him, he gently pulls me by my waist, forcing me to lay half on top of him.

"Van, what are you do—"

"Shh..." he trails off, shushing my lips with his index finger. "I'm imagining me and my next girlfriend, on this bed," he tells me.

"Oh yeah, tell me what she's like," I laugh in attempt to hide my jealousy. I'm so pathetic, he doesn't even have a girlfriend yet and I already feel jealous of her.

"Kind of like you, but without a boyfriend," he answers, teasingly.

"Well, my doppelganger better be stupider than me."

"More stupid," Van corrects. "And don't worry, I think you make the cut."

"So is this the one?" I question.

"I like it, do you like it?"

"I'm not the one that's going to be sleeping on it," I point out.

"Well then, it's on to the next bed—"

"No, for the love of God, get this bed, it's comfy and firm all at the same time. I love this bed," I say, annoyed with bed shopping.

Van smiles. "Alright, alright, I'll get this bed," he states.

I punch him on the shoulder and scoot off of the bed to go find one of the workers to get the mattress for us. I start talking to one of the women working here, explaining that we just need somebody to carry the mattress out to the bed of Van's truck.

"How are we doing the payment today?" the girl questions nicely, looking at her computer screen. Her face looks a little confused as she types in what seems to be the secrets of the universe since she looks so puzzled. "Sorry, I'm new here," she giggles.

She looks new, and kind of young, maybe fresh out of college.

I look behind me, searching for Van, but he's nowhere to be found.

"Excuse me for just a second, I have to go find my friend," I tell the woman, politely.

I walk all around the store, trying to find him, but the dude is amazing at hide and seek. I swear, I can't take my eyes off of him for five seconds, he's like a huge kid.