Ch. 24

For you ppl that are crying because of the last chapter, i am so sorry (not sorry) (just kidding i am..maybe)
Onward! I made this hella long omg
+•+

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" My mom asked, tugging on my black lace, sparkling dress. I was glad it stopped above my knees for some reason. I didn't really like long dresses. I decided to go to the Masquerade party anyway. It's something Jace would've wanted me to do. It's been a week since he died, and his funeral is this weekend. So, I was going to try to have as much fun for the both of us.

"I promise I will," I smile sadly, adjusting my black glittering mask on my face. There was a small black feather that stuck out from its left side, which made more beautiful,"Beast Boy's coming in a sec. How do I look?" I brushed down my dress and smiled at her.

"Absolutely stunning." She pulled me into a hug, sniffling on my shoulder.

Moms, am I right?

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She joked in my ear. My cheeks flushed scarlett. Before I could retaliate, there was a knock on the door.

"Oh, that's him." I grinned and kissed her cheek,"Bye mom, love you." I pulled open the door, and watched as his eyes widened. His eyes trailed over my body with his smile reaching ear to ear,"Hey."

"Hey," he smiled,"You look beautiful." He took my hand and tried to help me off the porch. Something, I didn't need, so I pulled away, grabbed the ends of my dress and hopped off, "Independence. I like it." I shook my head and laughed,"Are you sure you want to go to this party? I mean, I've got my mask and everything, but it's not to late to turn around." He says.

"I'm okay.. it's," I started, shrugging my shoulders,"It's something he would've wanted me to attend. So, yeah let's do this!" I lifted my fist in the air. He smirked and pulled me into a hug. We climbed into the car, him wanting to drive for the first time,"Do you even know how to drive?" I asked.

He nodded. Then looked down, and shook his head. Wow.

"Put on your seatbelt, goofball." I chuckled, hooking myself in, too. He struggled with the strap, so I reached over and grabbed the strap. Problem is, I leaned over too far and fell face first into his lap. And by his lap, I mean..

"I could get used to this," he laughed, sticking out his tongue, I jumped up, my face as red as ever, and hooked him in. He was laughing so hard, I saw tears forming in his eyes. I punched his shoulder.

"Come on, dude." I huffed, putting the car in drive so he could pull off. He pressed on the gas, and then the brakes, launching me forward.

"And this is why we wear seatbelts," he smiled. I punched his arm harder.

"Drive, man." He shook his head with a laugh and pulled into the street, driving off towards the party.

Surprisingly, we got there in no time. The party committee really went all out. There were tons of balloons surrounding the columns on the outside. Each of them either a light pink, a soft blue or a purple. Lights blasted from each of the small glass panes that covered half of one of the walls in the gym, and the music was something teens actually listened to. I stepped out of the car, Beast Boy taking my hand once again, and we walked into the party together. I was absolutely flabbergasted. Glittery blue and purple streamers hung from the ceiling, On stage, a bright red spotlight shined down on whoever would be up there speaking. Lights above us flickered all different colors. There was a long food table on one side, and the other side was a dance floor. There was plently of room to do many things. There was even a chocolate fountain!