Ch. 16

Beast Boy's Perspective

᷀ົཽ✧❝᷀ົཽ✧❝᷀ົཽ

"You gonna eat that?" I asked. (Y/n) jolted from her dazed state. I motioned to her slightly eaten icecream and then glanced down at my hand, which only held a damp, icecream stained paper towel.

"Uh..." She willingly handed it over and began to stare at her swinging legs, her arms erect at her sides.

"Is it about what happened earlier? 'Cause I was gonna kiss you..I mean.. if you.. wanted me to. But you uh.. your probably didn't. And then your mom walked in and-"

"It's not that.." She mumbled. I felt my heart drop low to my stomach in relief, and a great weight lift off my shoulders.

"Oh," I said simply. Her hand shook wildy, and all I wanted to do was hold it.

"I'm afraid...of the whole masquerade party thing. I'll get dressed up, and then bail at the last minute. That's how I do at all the parties I try to go to.." she trailed off at the end. I stared at the side of her drooped head for what felt like forever, while she gazed down at her empty, trembling hands,"But, I don't want to let my mother down.."

"You don't.." I started,"You don't have to go alone. In fact, you don't have to go at all. We could.. I could take the night of the dance off and-"

"You don't have to.." she brought her gaze up to mine, and smiled softly.

"I want to. For you." I grinned. She layed her head on my shoulder, and slid her hand into mine.

"Thank you.." she mumbled, "Thank you so much.."

"Anytime." I grinned. She looked cute in her little outfit, her (f/c) shirt sleeves way to long for her arms, so they gathered and drooped over her hands. She fit herself into some bright white jean shorts and (f/c) shoes to match her shirt. Ever since I met her, I've been liking her more and more. But, there are so many obstacles in between getting to her, and Raven is like the boss level. (Y/n) may not think I know, but Raven's been on her back since they met, which is pretty crappy. She thinks since we've been together for forever and everybody thinks we're a power couple, that we'll actually get together. Yes, I like Raven, but she isn't quite my-

"Oh no.." She abruptly groaned. There was a beat of silence between us, as my ears flexed slightly to hear what she had heard.

Music.

"It's my.." She paused, staring at the screem,"It's him.." I listened to the ringtone play for a little longer, bobbing my head softly to the beat.

Me and my friends at the table
Doin' shots, drinking fast then we talk slow..
Come over and start up a conversation
With just me, and trust me
Ill give it a chance, now.
Take my hand, stop.
Play the man on the Jukebox
And then we start to dance..

In an instant, she turned from sweet and innocent to a complete savage,"Quit calling my damn phone, you ass." She growled.

Silence.

"I don't fucking care who you are or what you call yourself. I dont have have a dad and I never will!"

Eerie silence.

"Anything?" She paused,"Then, go to Hell." She shoved her phone into her pocket and sat back on the bench, slouching slightly.

"What was that?" I questioned. I know I shouldn't be in her business, but I was curious. She gazed at me with the cutest pout. She sighed, sitting up again and placing her hands on her face.

"My mom's.. my.." Her shoulders jolted slightly,"It's freaking hard to explain." I sat back against the bench and waited patiently for her to continue. She glanced at me again, and shifted her back on the bench.

"When I was born," she began, twiddling her thumbs,"The only one in the hospital I could call my parent.. was my mom." I tilted my head softly,"My dad.. when he found out my mother was pregnant, he bailed on us. He took his clothes, his key, his car, money, food and anything else he needed and left. I don't.. I dont even remember.. exactly what he looks like. My mother was miserable for years as she watched me grow up without a father. When I learned all this new information about my mom being a father to me as well, I got so...angry. I stopped eating and..stopped..talking..I just.." I could see the tears well in her eyes, her hands beginning to quiver,"I broke down. And then when I turned sixteen, I thought I finally found someone who would care for me and love me but.. he turned out to be a lie. And its not even his.." She couldn't even continue, because the tears were slowly rolling down her flushed cheeks, and her voice cracked. I turned to her and brought her into a hug,"Im sorry.. this is fun park time. I didn't mean to get so sad.."

"No, its okay.." I muttered, "It's fine. You're going through a lot." She moved up and kissed my cheek lightly.

"Thanks for listening." She smiled sadly, with the same tear stained cheeks and big, sad eyes. Unfortunately for me, I accidentally showed I have a soft spot for her. My cheeks dusted a dark scarlet color and my eyebrows rose.

She grinned and giggled softly. Man, what is this girl doing to me?

+•+
Im not dead. I dont think. Im so freaka-leakin-creakin-shreakin-sorry. But im here. With a new chapter. Yup. Hope u liked it
:3

Rat-a-tat-tat,
Brace