Ch. 15

Your Perspective

  ༄༄༄

    It took a lot of explaining to Bridge for her to understand our story. When she finally got it, she trotted back up to bed, waiting to wake up for breakfast. I sighed, plopping down next to a now awake Beast Boy, covering my face effortlessly.

  "What's wrong?" He asked sitting up with his hands between his open legs. I shook my head.

   "Nothing. Just got a lot on my mind." I cut on the tv, in attempt to drown out his tempting words to tell him, but alas, I still heard him.

   "You can tell me," he tilted his head to the side,"It helps to talk it out sometimes." I exhaled softly again, and turned to him.

   "Well one, my ex," i gritted my teeth at that,"I got stuff goin' on with him. And then there's school. I messed up my perfect attendance, which is pretty crappy. And finally, there's my sister," I glanced up at the staircase where she went,"I don't want her to end up like me. No friends, cant make a simple decision to save her life, slowly going insane." I turned to him,"I want her to grow up happy, not miserable."

   "You're miserable?" I saw a spark of hurt in his eyes before it whisked away behind the wonder.

   "I mean, no. I'm not. Not anymore. I used to be around a week ago. My car was towed, which made me walk in the rain. I messed up my new shoes," I chuckled at that,"And then before all that, I found out that.." I put my head down and stifled a laugh,"I found out that my boyfriend cheated on me with the biggest whore in the school." My bottle lip trembled slightly,"After all I gave him, he turned around and did that to me. Like I never mattered. I thought we had something, you know?" He didn't say anything. In fact, he was quiet. Really quiet. He was just staring at me. And then, I realised he was listening. Truly listening to every sad word that fell from my lips. I never knew what it felt like to be heard until now. A glanced down, noticing his hand resting on my leg, his thumb slightly caressing my thigh.

"You shouldn't have gone through all that," he muttered,"I'm sorry, (Y/n)." I finally mustered up strength in my melting body to close my mouth and pull him into a large hug. He hesitated for a minute, before throwing his arms around my waist and squeezing me tightly. He pulled upward for me to stare into his flushed face. For a second in my mind, I considered to kiss him, but I wondered how it would effect our friendship. Would it mess it up? Bring us closer? Would he like it? Does he want me to? Before I could make up the decision in my head, he was already leaning closer, his nose barely brushing against mine. I caught my breath. Did he really like me like this? Does he want me? I panicked inside.

"I made waffles!" I heard my mom's shrill voice from the kitchen, instantly pulling us apart. He sat up on the other end of the couch grinning at the entrance way to the kitchen like he had won the lottery, while I sat on the other, my heart hammering wildly against my ribcage.

Shit, what was that?

It felt like one of those clichè interrupted moments. I didn't know those were real. I stood to my feet, giving BB a soft smile, before darting for the kitchen. I slid into one of the stools infront of the island and grinned,"Waffles!" I feigned excitement. She set a plate infront of me and I ate slowly, thoughts of Beast boy and everything else zipping through my mind. But most importantly, Jace.

  "So, Beast boy how old are you exactly?" My mom asked. My face flushed, and I sent a glower her way.

"Uh-" he began, but was soon interrupted by the sounds of Bridge's feet stomping down the stairs.

"Waffles!" She chirped, struggling to climb into one of the stools. BB grabbed her tiny waist and hoisted her onto one of the seats. There was a beat of silence before my mom spoke up again.

" (Y/n), I heard the Winter dance is coming up again," I nearly spat out all of the mushy waffle on the countertop.

"Oh shi-" I paused,"Sugar honey iced tea. I forgot!" At Jump City High, there's a Winter dance every year, and every year there's a different theme to go with the snow themed background. Sometimes its dress fancy, sometimes its dress casual, "Wait so what's this year's theme?"

My mom grinned cheekily, "Masquerade!" This time, I spit a bit of OJ out, but quickly cupped my hand under my chin,"What?!"

"I know! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get you all dolled up in a mask and a beautiful dress!" She clapped her hands.

"M-mom, I don't...I don't know about this year. I mean.." I glanced down at my half eaten waffles and scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh, dont be silly, (Y/n). It'll be fun." She claimed.

"But, I don't really have anyone to go with me." I muttered, my ears dusting pink. She chuckled and waved her hand dismissively.

"You can take Beast Boy. I'm sure he'll be more than willing to take you."

"Yes ma'am!" Beast boy saluted happily. He turned a little and gave me a small wink, one that my mom didn't catch.

"Perfect!" She cheered. I shook my head and ate the rest of my food in silence.

+•+

*insert a really good excuse for not updating*
*Insert a sentimental thank you for all the votes, reads and comments (WE REACHED 1K VIEWS AND 120+ VOTES we are da champions :3)
*insert a weird QOTD*

Love you butters,
Brace