Chapter 1.

Jada in her club dress.

Jada Michaels

~' 4 Years Later In 2014, July 1. '~

"I'm on my way Dante." I reassured him, feeling a slow and agonizing headache forming right in the center of my forehead. It felt like a small drill was trying to invade my skull.

"Yes, I remember everything. First the we are to go shopping, next the spa, and finally later on tonight the club." I exclaimed, as he gave me affirmation on how correct I was on our plans for the day. I switched lanes on the highway, feeling so queasy inside. I hope I wasn't coming down with something.

"Okay, I'll be there shortly Dante. Please hang up, and go back to shopping. I'm less than ten minutes away. I love you bye!" I said rushing him off of the phone, not wanting to speak anymore. The car filled with silence besides the lightly blasting a/c and the roaring of the engine as I raced to my destination. I didn't feel so good.

~'

I waltzed around the mall, searching for my two best friends. I wasn't in at all a mood to really be out and about like this. I only agreed to this day because they forced it upon me. I didn't feel comfortable celebrating or even being out of my home on this certain day. It just didn't sit right with me.

"Hello, where are you guys? I've been here for like ten minutes just walking around now." I said into my iPhone as I answered it quickly noticing that it was Sydney now calling me.

"Ma'am calm down, we are in Forever 21 getting Dante a hat. Meet us by the cash register, please and thank you lady." Sydney said as I just sighed and hung up without uttering another word to her. I loved my best friends and truly appreciated them, but sometimes I just couldn't help but want to wring their necks.

"There she is, if it isn't the lovely lady herself." Dante said to me as they both approached me with bright pearly white smiles on there faces. I reciprocated that same energy as I hugged them and gave them both kisses on the cheek. I tried to keep at least half of my composure up around them, the other had already sadly withered away and that was only from just two short phone calls with them not even a whole hour ago. That aching came back again, thinking about how much I'd rather be nursing my 1942 bottle and some Ben and Jerry's ice cream into my chest as of right now instead of preparing to party the night away.

"You look dead girl, good thing we are going to the spa after this." Sydney said to me as I thumped her nose softly. She winced as Dante put his hand over his mouth trying to contain his laughter.

"Fuck, that actually hurt Jay." Sydney said examine her light pink nose. I waved her off as we all left the store and started to near a clothing boutique in the mall named FN. It was a popular store that had cute fashionable and affordable clothing.

~'

"Jay, Jay, earth to Jada." Dante said as I stared off into space, I had forgotten that we were at the final register of the day. The cashier stared at me with a puzzled look upon her face. I sighed and pulled out my card and gave it to her so I could purchase my new Louboutin shoes that I would be wearing tonight. I sighed looking down at the box on front of me.

"Here you go ma'am and also the receipt is in the bag have a great day." The cashier enthusiastically cheered towards me. I just gave her a half smile to be polite, I didn't have the tolerance or guts to put up with my charade anymore and act like everything is just okay when it really wasn't. So I grabbed my things and left, without warning.

"Hey, Jada! Yo, what the hell girl?!" Dante said to me as he and Sydney ran up on me as I made my way out of the mall and towards my vehicle. I didn't realize we all parked within the same vicinity of each other.