Honey I'm Home!

August Alsina

I Thought It Was Strange That Jada Hadn't Checked On Me At Least Once When I Was In The Hospital Last Month. Dante & Sydney Visited Me, But Every Time I Asked Them About Jada They Acting Like They Don't Know Anything. She Really Has Them Trained To Lie, She Must Hate Me Man.

"Wha' The Fuck?" I Mumbled, Pulling Up To Her House. I Had To Check The Address On Her Stonewall Again Just To Make Sure This Was The Right House. I Pulled Into The Driveway Slowly, Totally Confused. Something Didn't Feel Right.

"Damn, Hector Need Ta' Get On His Job." The Grass Stood Tall & Uneven. Dead Flowers Laying Everywhere. Possums & Raccoons Digging Threw The Loads Of Trash In Scattered All Over Her Driveway. The House Looked Abandon, Almost. I Stepped Out Of The Car, Looking Around With Furrowed Brows. I Walked Up To The Huge French Doors Slowly, Seeing A Red Note Tapped To One Of The Doors.

"Eviction Notice?!" I Asked Loudly, Reading It Over.

"Maintenance Violation & Pilin' Up Mortgage Bills." It Read, I Touched The Knob & Twisted It, To My Surprise It Was Open. I Stepped Inside, Inspecting The Dark & Haunting House. She Can't Be Here, Can She?

"Jada." I Called Out, Only To Hear A Faint, Echo Roam Through The Dark & Erie Foyer. I Hit That Automatic Light Switch, & Instantly Everything Came Alive. It Was Now Bright, But Still Erie.

"Babeh'!" I Called To Her, But To My Dismay, She Never Answered Back. Where The Hell Is This Woman?

I Walked Slowly, Through The Long Hallway Making My Way Into The Kitchen. I Looked Around & Saw That Nobody Was In There, But Look On The Counter & Saw A Note. I Placed My Hands On The Counter As I Read It.

"Dear Anyone Who's Reading This,

I Can't Do This Anymore, I'm Not Happy.. I Never Was. I Thought Maybe It Was Best That I Just Getaway, For A Little While.. Maybe Even Longer. I Want To Let You Guys Know That I Am Safe , Wherever I'm At. To Anyone Who Has Been Trying To Get In Contact With Me, I Left My Phone At My Home, So Sorry. Oh, And If August Tries To Reach Me, Tell Him That I Said That It's Over.

Sincerely, Jada." I Read Aloud, I Shook My Head As My Veins Started To Pop Out, The Feeling Of Frustation, Sadness, & Anxiety Started To Overcome My Once Calmed State.

"Jada! Whea' The Fuck Did Ya' Go Man?" I Yelled Out, Pounding My Fist On The Marble Countertop. I Felt Tears Slip Down My Cheek & Onto The Paper, Landing On Her Name. I Stumbled Backwards, Wiping My Eyes, As I Hit A Wall Sliding Down It.

"Dis' Is All My Fault Man..." I Cried Out, Letting My Sobbing Grow Quiet.

"I Should've Been A Hunnid From The Jump, Maybe She'd Still Be Hea' Righ' Na'..." I Lowly Cried To Myself.

It Felt Like Daggers Were Jabbing At My Heart. It Sounded Like She Died, But She Only Went Away For A While. That's What I Had To Keep Telling Myself In Order To Move On & Stop Crying. I Stood From The Floor & Soon Smelled A Foul Odor That I Hadn't Noticed When I First Walked In. I Saw The Garbage Can & Checked That First. Sure Enough It Was The Smell Of Leftover & Old Used Tampons, Coming Out It. I Immediately Took The Trash Out Of The Garbage Bin & Tied Up The Bag. I Took The Trash Out To The Outside Bins, That Have Been Ransacked & Thrown Around By Animals Most Likely.

Ugh, I Call Someone To Clean This Up.

I Walked Back Into He House, Took Off My Jacket, Rolled Up My Sleeves, Found All Of My Necessary Cleaning Supplies. I Call A Lawn Service & They Said They'll Be Here By Noon. I On The Other Hand, Will Be Cleaning The Inside Of This House Top To Bottom. I Played Some Music As I Work Hard On Making Sure Everything Was Spotless. This Helped Me Take My Mind Off Of Jada & This Helped Me Do The Physical Exercise That My Doctor Told Me To Do Daily. I Was Now Emptying Her Dirty Clothes In The Washer, & Checking On Some Food That I Made. I Was Completely Finished & The House Smelled And Look Amazing. I Went Out To The Yard, And Saw It Was Spotless & The Grass Was Freshly Cut Yet Again. I Saw The Mowers & Went & Paid Them For Their Services. Then A Black Benz Pulled Up All The Way In The Driveway, I Looked At The Car & Then At The Mowers.