Reunited

Jada Michaels

State To State, I've Been.

I Haven't Rested Yet, I Just Want To Go Home, Get Clean, & Go To Sleep Peacefully, Finally.

I'm Just Keep Pondering My Next Encounter With August...

Will He Be Happy To See Me?

Will He Be Angry With Me?

Has He Already Moved On?

My Biggest Question Is Telling Him Or Anybody Where I've Been For These Past Few Months?

And The Calamities That I've Acquired While I Was Gone?

If I'm Going To Tell It, Then I Gotta Tell It All.

That's What I'm Afraid Of, My Growing Stomach, Is Noticeable.. But It Can Also Pass As Water Weight Or Me Just Getting Fatter.

All I Know Is I Have Only An Hour Before I Get Home, And I'm So Happy About It.

August Alsina

"Uncle August?" I Felt A Tugging At My Pants Leg, I Stopped Mixing The Gumbo & Looked Down At Kay.

"Yes Lil' Girl?" I Asked Her, I Walked Over To The Fryer & Lifted It Checking To See If The Chicken Is Done.

"I Wanna Help Ya Cook." She Said, I Looked At Her & Smiled. I Picked Her Up & Placed Her On The Stepping Stool Next To The Pot Of Gumbo.

"Well, You Can Stir The Gumbo & Check & See If The Rice Is Boilin' Yet. Ya Think You Can Handle Dat' Kay Kay?" I Asked Her, She Looked At Me & The Big Pot Of Hot Food.

"Yea, I Got This. I'm A Big Girl Uncle Auggie." She Said, All Tough Like. I Laughed & Nodded.

"Alright Kay, I'm Trustin' Ya Na'. Dun' Lean Up Against The Island's Stove, Or You'll Burn Ya Self, Then I'll Have Ta' Take Ya Ta'..." I Stooped To Her Level, & Looked At Into Her Curious Face. She Was Anticipating My Next Words.

"The Hospital." I Said Scarily, While Giving Her A Wide Grin. She Leaned Away, With A Scared Look On Her Face.

"Nooooo..." She Whined. I Picked Up The Spoon & Placed It In Her Hands.

"Then Dun' Lean Against The Stove." I Smiled & Patted Her Head, Standing Back Up.

"I'll Be Right Back Kay, Just Keep Stirrin', Aight?" I Asked Her, She Put Her Hand To Her Forehead In A Salut Style.

"Ay, Ay, Captain!" She Shouted, Dropping Her Hand. I Chuckled & Dusted Off My Apron, Placing It On The Kitchen Hook.

"Sup Pretty Girls." I Sung As I Walked Into The Living Room, Seeing Chay & Mya Watching SpongeBob.

"Hey Unc, What's Up?" Chay Said, Looking Back At Me As I Leaned Over Them From Behind The Couch.

"Where Is Ya Mama?" I Asked Them, They Were About To Answer, But Then I Heard The Front Door Open.

"Babeh'! Let Me Tell Y'all! Niko Ain't Nothin', But A Dog Doin' Mimi And His Wife Like That!" Chandra Loud Self Yelled Out, As She, Dante, & Sydney Marched Through The Door. I Walked Up To Them, Talking Off Their Coats & Boots.