Watch Ya Self Pt.2

Jada Michaels

"So, How Are You & My Lil Brotha Doin', I Haven't Heard You Babblin' At The Mouth To Him Lateleh', Wassup?" Chandra Asked Me, Coming To Sit Next To Me At The Island, I Was Eating A Whole Pint Of Vanilla Ice Cream.. Aug's Favorite. So Basic.

"Why Are You Cryin'?" Chandra Asked Trying To Console Me, I Was Broken, I Actually Loved Him & Wanted Him To Make Me His Everything Permanently. I Guess That Dream, Was Only A Figment Of My Imagination.

"We Broke Up..." I Mumbled, But She Understood. She Grabbed My Hand & Guided Me To The Living Room, & Hugged Me As We Sat On The Couch.

"Wha' Happen? Wha' Did His Bean Head Ass Do?" Chandra Yelled, Exposing Her New Orleans Accent Even More.

"Cheating.. Lying.. Leaving Me In The Dust, While He Had His Fun In Different Cities With Different Women Every Night. He Trick Me Chandra! He Said He Would Stay Faithful To Me While He Was Out On The Road... I Learned That Ever Since We've Been Together That I'm Just Another One Of His Fucking Numbers." I Sobbed, Chandra Shook Her Head, & Smirked.

"What?" I Asked, Confused Now.

"How Ya Figure Dis'?" She Asked, Looking Down At Me Through Her Long Layered Bangs.

"Sources, That Are On Tour With Him. They Were Relaying Messages To Me That August Wasn't Man Enough To Say Over The Phone Or Even To My Face. I Feel So Used..." I Wiped My Snot With A Piece Of Kleenex. She Rubbed My Back Slowly, Chuckling.

"Oh Sweet Pea, August Loves You, Or Very Much Likes Ya.. I Ain't Eva' Seen Him Dis' Excited & In Heat 'Bout A Girl, Eva' Since The Death Of His First Love, Jackie." Chandra Confessed, Making Me Look At Her With Wide Eyes.

"What? He Never Told Me About Another Woman, Let Alone His Dead First Love..." I Trailed Off, Chandra Just Nodded Slowly.

"I Kno' We Are Not Allowed To Speak About Her, She Died What? Back In 08' When They Were Both 16. It Was Pure Puppy Love, They Ain't Even Kno' If It Was Real Or Not, Since They Were Super Young, When They Fell For Each Otha'." She Said Putting Emphasis On A Lot Of Her Words.

"What Happen To Her?" I Inquired. She Blew Out A Breath & Faced Me Fully As I Did The Same.

"Gang Violence, She Was Hangin' Wit' August & His Crew, & My Boyfriend, The Girls Father Mel.. They Were At A Party Havin' Fun Until Her Ex & August Started Goin' At It, One Thing Lead To Anotha', & Then Bam! It Happened..." She Trailed Off In Deep Thought. What Happened?!

"What Exactly Happened?" I Asked, Tucking My Hair Behind My Ear.

"Oh, Um, Her Ex Drawled His .48 Caliber & Fired 5 Shots At August, Not One Bullet Hit Him.. She Took 5 Shots, For My Little Brotha' Man." She Started To Cry, Causing Me To Hug Her & Cry As Well.

"Wow.. That's Crazy. God Rest Her Mighty Soul." I Prayed.

"What Did She Look Like?" I Asked Curiously, She Looked Up At Me & Smiled, Pulling Out Her IPhone 5s.

~'

"I Can't Believe Your Gone Already.. I Had So Much Fun With You! My Best Friends Are Even Jealous Of All The Bonding We've Been Doing Ever Since You Got Here." I Expressed, She Laughed & Hugged Me Tighter.

"I'll Be Back In A Month, I Gotta Pack Everything Up & Get The Girls & August Mama Prepared Ta' Leave, Hopefully She Comes Up Hea' Wit' Us She Needs Too..." She Trailed Off Looking Down At The Floor, I Sighed & Patted Her Shoulder.

"Pray On It." I Spoke, Then The Announcers Voice Boomed Through The Airport's Intercom From Outside.

"Flight61B To New Orleans, Boards In 30 Mins. First Class May Board Now." I Looked At Her & Smiled.

"Later Chandra. Love You, Have A Safe Flight." I Told Her Hugging Her Once Again.

"Aww Boo Love Ya Too, Have A Safe Drive Home. Rememba Call My Lil' Brotha', Talk To Him, Listen To His Side Of The Story, Then Take It From Thea. Alright Bye Lil Sis I Gotta Go Now!" She Called Out To Me While Walking Away Backwards, Waving.

"Kiss The Girls & Mama Shelia For Me!" I Called Out To Her, She Nodded & Finally Made It All The Way Inside.

"Now, I Need To Figure Something's Out." I Sighed & Got In The Car, Pulling Off & Heading Home.

~'

"August Please Call Me Back It's Important... I Made A M---" I Was Cut Short By The Beep. Ugh! Fuck Man. I Cut My Car Off, & Hopped Out My Car, Walking Slowly To My Door, As I Looked Down At My Phone Dialing His Number Again.

"August Please Answer My Calls I'm Sor---" I Fell To The Ground Holding My Head, As It Pounded Heavily.

I Felt The Blood Trickling Down My Hand, As I Looked At It. My Vision Blurred, I Looked Up & Saw 4 Figures Standing Over Me, I Heard Talking, But The Blow To My Head Left Me Incoherent. One Of The Guys, Squatted In Front Of Me & Stuck A Large Needle In My Neck, Pressing The Fluids Out Of The Needle & Into My System. My Legs Felt Like Weights, My Arms & Hands Laid At My Sides Resting In A Deep Sleep. I Laid On The Ground Facing Up, I Looked At The Light-Skinned Hand As It Caressed My Face. I Breathed Heavy, Choppy, Scarce Breaths. The Hand Wiped My Tears Away, As I Closed My Eyes Finally Falling Into A Deep Sleep.

Read, Vote, Suggest, Comment, & Follow.- Jaezus😍❤️💯

These Chapters Took Forever, I Promise To Do Better Scouts Honor. Sorry Guys, Forgive Me?