The Purchased Mistress P16.1

So Sorry for the delay! Been ubber busy what with high season returning to my job and my sister's bday. Here is Part 1 to appease those who have been asking me to post. Ill try and get Part 2 up by late this evening. Remember to vote and comment and let me know what you think!

D

****

I was drifting, my body weightless and wandering without any conscious effort from my limbs. The area was thick with fog and heavy with the oppressive humidity in the air, eroding all possible visibility. Some recesses of my mind thought it strange that I was not ripping over anything since I could barely see the hand held in front of me.

"Hello?" I called, hoping to get any sign of life. It echoed once before the sound was abruptly halted, as if sucked in by the ominous fog that covered the vicinity.

"Paige..." I thought I heard uttered, so faint it could have been a figment of my imagination. I turned slowly, trying to see. It was useless. I could see nothing but the milky film that enveloped me.

"Paige..." I heard the whisper again and my heart started to beat faster.

"Cade?" I called, spinning uselessly around while trying to pin the location of the voice.

"How could you Paige?" the voice was slightly louder now and sounded like a pain filled wail, ripped from the bottom of a tortured soul. It sent goose bumps down my spine. I started running in the direction of the voice.

"Cade! I'm sorry...please! I wanted to tell you!" I yelled while running.

"How could you..." the whisper of his velvety baritone rang again from the opposite end. I stopped and swiveled, trying to see through the fog.

"I'm sorry! I was ashamed...I was going to tell you but I couldn't..." I started sobbing now, desperately trying to convey how deeply ashamed I was to have not told him I was not my own person, that I belonged to another.

"I cared for you...You were suppose to be mine." His voice shook, breaking on the last word.

"I was afraid...afraid you would look at me differently. I couldn't bear to see you look at me with disgust or...or pity..." I finished on a whisper, my tears running down my cheeks.

"How could anyone ever look at you with disgust?"

I spun around, my tears frozen in their track to stare into the intense eyes that were currently gazing at me as if they could see right into me and into the very center of my soul. The eyes held everything I had ever wished to see in a man's gaze when they looked at me. Desire, tenderness...love.

Love.

"Logan?" I breathed and then he too began to disappear before my very eyes, the mist slowly enshrouding him, the oppressive fog stealing him from my side.

"No! Wait! Logan!" I said desperately, running forward, arm stretched out in desperation, hoping to reach him, hoping to grab on to him and keep him by my side. My hand cut through the thick fog and caught...nothing.

"NO! LOGANNNNN-" I Yelled but I doubt any one heard.

And then, I too, was swallowed by the mist. Lost in this vast plane, forced to wander forever until I too eventually disappeared from the thoughts of those few who cared, disappeared into oblivion, my name forgotten forever...

...............................................~.............................................

I jerked awake, my body covered in sweat and trembling, my mouth forming the word 'No' over and over again, murmuring it as if it were a prayer. As if uttering it over and over again would impede the harsh memories of my dream from intruding into reality.