The Purchased Mistress P11

Hey! Hope you guys didn't wait too long! I just wanted to take this time to say thank you for all the wonderful comments, votes and new Fans who have appeared in such big numbers over the last few days! I'm ecstatic and encouraged by seeing my phone light up every day with new emails telling me that someone else out there has enjoyed what I put out...

SO....Thank you

Oh and P.S...4000 reads!!!

:D

XXX

I don't know how much time passed but I do know that I was not lying on the hard floor as I had expected. Instead of being huddled on my floor as my muddled memory suggested, I was lying on a soft surface.

I felt safe...Probably due to the strong arms holding me tight against a hard chest.

"Cade..." I breathed as I cracked my eyes open. My whole face felt stiff and swollen from all the sobs that had racked my body, my throat felt harsh and bruised from my screams.

I took a deep, painful breath and waited for my sight to adjust. When it did, it was to stare at a strong chest encased in a blue faded t-shirt.

"Good morning..." breathed a silky smooth voice that made my hurt flutter. I closed my eyes quickly shut again. I thought I might have dreamed this part. I was so ashamed! How much of my mental breakdown did he witness? I started to hyperventilate at the idea of Cade having seen me at my worst.

"Shhh sweetheart...don't cry...don't please!" he purred soothingly in my ear while rubbing his hands up and down my spine. I felt his cool breath brush my temple as he pressed gentle kisses along my hairline.

He was so gentle with me, so tender and kind. He was the first person in my life to ever go to such extents to comfort me. He was my refuge, a welcome solace in this storm that was my life.

I tried valiantly to stop the sobs that had once again taken over my body at the thought of him seeing me at my weakest. These new tears certainly weren't helping to put on a show of strength...no matter how fake it would be.

I had hit rock bottom and if I wasn't mistaken, Cade was fully aware of it.

With one last trembling breath, I got my riotous emotions under control and look up at him.

His green eyes stared back at me, full of tenderness...and worry.

"That's better..." he said softly as his big hand brushed the hair out of my eyes. His thumb strayed back to my face and gently wiped my tears away. I opened them wide to try and stop them from filling once again.

He leaned his head and brushed his lips softly over mine in the sweetest of caresses. "Much better..." he whispered again as my eyes closed and I drifted off again...this time in a peaceful sleep.

I woke once again, only this time, I was rolled over onto my other side and there was only one arm slung loosely over my side.

I rolled over to see Cade fast asleep, one hand tucked under his pillow and the other that was slung over me. A smile crept along my lips. He looked so peaceful and young. Every time I saw mischief cross his moss green eyes, I always saw a mischievous schoolboy. That school boy was still there but now it was silent, peaceful...adorable.

His mouth was pursed and slightly open and his breath would come out in small puffs. I reached out and brushed the hair out of his face, running my fingers along his forehead. His brow scrunched and his mouth closed in the mockery of a petulant laugh. I stifled my giggle and moved closer to him.

I ran my finger along the straight bridge of hi nose. His face scrunched again and his arm came off of me to rub at his face. With a grunt, he rolled over onto his back and flung his arm above his head, causing his shirt to rise. I laughed softly as I saw his mouth fall open and he lightly started snoring.