The Purchased Mistress P9

The Purchased Mistress - P9

Cade dropped me off at my house in the early afternoon with the promise of calling me later in the evening. After a lengthy kiss goodbye, I waved him off and let myself into my house. I smiled to myself while replaying last night and this morning in my head.

Waking up next to Cade was a joy and one I wished to do many times over. I had woken up this morning with Cade running his fingers soothingly through my hair while looking down on me. He kissed me awake, just a small peck of the lips, wishing me a good morning with his charming smile. His hair was all over the place and he looked so disreputable...it made my heart ache just to look at him, to think of him as mine.

I had gone to shower and was surprised with breakfast when I was done. He had made us crepes and coffee. I was a sucker for a man who cooks. After a leisurely stroll through the market near his condo, he had then brought me home.

Overall, it was sweetly domestic and I could see myself doing it every day.

My smile slowly disappeared as I realized that if I wanted a chance at doing it every day, I had to get some things settled first. I took a big fortifying breath and messaged Logan. Inside, I was shaking like a leaf.

Paige- I need to talk to you

I waited impatiently, trying hard not to stress myself out in the mean time. It was the longest eight minutes of my life.

Logan - Is there anything wrong? Are you hurt?

I nearly cried. All I had been doing was thinking of my freedom and wishing to be with Cade day in and day out and here was a man who had been so sweet and kind and patient with me. Even now, his first concern was always my well being.

I felt selfish, petty and ungrateful. Here this man had given me the means to escape my sordid life as it was and I was repaying him by seeing someone on the side. He had gone out of his way to see that I was comfortable and had everything I could ever possibly need; he had given me space when anyone else probably would have been at my door and in my bed that very first day. I felt like a whore...I felt like my mother.

Paige- I'm not hurt...

Logan -Ok, that's good. What did you want to talk to me about then?

Paige- Why have I never met you?

That wasn't exactly what I wanted to talk to him about, but now that I had sent the message, I admit that it is something that had been bothering me. All this time I had wondered why he had stayed away, why he had never even introduced himself in person at least. I mean, he had purchased me for a substantial sum, bought a house for me...it's not as if I was a small expense.

Logan - ...Where did that come from?

Paige - It doesn't matter where it came from...I want to know why I have never seen you. I think I have a right to know...

Logan - I was waiting for you to settle in, to feel comfortable. I didn't want to scare you or worse...

Paige- Worse like what?

Logan - Just worse...I stayed away because I wanted you to be happy, comfortable...

Paige - Why would you do that? Why would you spend so much money on me, on everything and then stay away? I want the full truth Logan, you owe me that much.

Logan - Please Paige...Just leave it be...

Paige - No...I want to know. I've been here for months and I've never even talked to you on the phone.

Logan - Fine. I didn't want you to feel obligated to me. I didn't want you to feel as if you had to do certain things just because of how you ended up being in the house. I didn't want you to feel forced to do anything...