The Purchased Mistress P15.2 {Paige}

And 15.2! Let me know what you think! This chapter is more of a filler and we get to meet some new characters!

Vote and comment and please let me know your opinion!!

PAIGE:

As soon as I exited the room, I shook my hand that was throbbing in pain and slowly going numb. I hadn't meant to do that but hell did it feel good! I was so angry and confused.

I was storming down the hall meaningfully before I remembered I had no where else to go. Not to mention I didn't know the house enough to know where else to go. I could feel my eyes vibrate and my nose twitched as I tried valiantly to rein in my rioting emotions.

I will not cry! I will not cry! I will not...Damnit! I could feel my eyes fill, making my vision blurry right before the tears of frustration and anger poured over and down my face.

"Damnit!" I yelled and kicked the wall. Pain shot up my leg from the contact and it felt so good that I did it again.

"Damnit! You asshole! You arrogant son of a BITCH!" Each curse was followed by a resounding kick or hit to the wall. I had both fist balled and I was smashing them against the wall. I wasn't even coherent any more, just yelling and hitting.

I finally gave in to my pain and leaned my head against my still arms, leaning my whole body against the wall as I shook with my sobs. My body trembled with the amount of pain I was trying to hold in. I didn't want to break down like this...not again.

"Well now Dearie! That's quite a temper ye've got there! And wot has the puir wall ever done to ye I might add? Hmm?" asked a kind woman's voice. I was so startled that I swung around to stare at the new comer. I could feel my face heat in embarrassment.

"I-I'm so sorry..." I said guiltily. I felt so stupid!

The woman seemed kind and caring. She was about middle age if the slight wrinkles at the corner of her eyes and lips where anything to go buy. The slight wisp of grey at her temples was another. She had a thick Scottish burr that made her slightly hard to understand. She must work here if her apron was anything to go by. Right now though, she was just looking at me with a kind and indulging smile on her face, as if she saw distraught crazy women all the time. My embarrassment just grew in the face of such serenity.

"Well no matter. We all got to let some steam out from time to time and I have a feelin' that it's better aimed at the wall than the Master. Now, come along Dearie. I'll brew ye a nice cup o' tea!" with that, the matronly lady bustled down the hall, leaving me no choice but to follow.

I followed her down a set of stairs and two halls later we entered a large kitchen. I was a modern room with king size appliances, as if the staff here were cooking for a large sum of people all the time. The woman walked up to a kitchen island surrounded by stools and patted one gently.

"Here now Dearie, sit your bonny self down here while I set the water to brewin'. I'm Maggie by the by...Master Carver's head Housekeeper." She said kindly before heading to a stove and putting a kettle on.

I watched her, mesmerized, as she set about getting saucers and cups and fixing a tray with sugar and cream. I thought women like this only existed in movies.

"Umm..thank you. I'm Paige. You don't have to do all this you know..." I said lamely.

"Oh don't you worry dearie, it's no bother! I could use a good cup meself. As for ye, well now...everyone here know's who ye be my dear!" she said with a grin on her face as she opened a pantry and started taking little sable cookies out.

"Ummm they do?" I asked confused.

"Oh why yes! Yer all the Master can talk 'bout ye ken? Been setting 'imself in a tizzy he has, trying to make everything just right for ye. I swear the lad has drivin' himself near crazy trying to please ye he has! Poor lad." She shook her head silently and muttered to her self.