The Purchased Mistress P15.1 {Logan}

Hello...sorry for the long wait and because of that, I figured I would at least upload part of the chapter now. Hope you enjoy! :p

Remember to comment and leave feedback! PM is the first story I work on at the beginning of every week because the majority of you love it so much.

D

LOGAN:

"L-Logan?" the timbre of her voice was like a soothing balm to my wretched soul. I watched nervously as she surveyed me frankly, from top to bottom.

And I couldn't have been happier.

Although there was still a part of me that wondered, a larger part of me new that everything was going to be ok. I had known deep down inside that Paige wouldn't be like others. She wouldn't mock someone or judge them because of their circumstances.

She had seen too much at her young age to ever be so jaded.

It's why she meant so much to me.

I wheeled myself slowly closer to her after she had gotten her fill. I could have easily bought one of those electric chairs but I had refused. I would be damned if I'd end up being a hundred percent helpless and damned if I'd let anyone else wheel me around.

I couldn't bear to have people see me as weak and helpless.

As far as I was concerned, my arms still worked perfectly fine and that was good enough for me.

"Hi Paige..." I said so softly. I had this strange fear that if I spoke to loudly or quickly she would startle and run for the hills.

She took a few steps closer, her hand reaching out. My breath caught in my chest. Would she? I really wish she would...but she caught her self and stopped, holding her hand to her chest in a fist.

"Why?" she asked angrily. I had been expecting this.

"Why now Logan? You thought I felt ready now, is that it? Thought that I had had enough 'time' to adjust to my circumstances? Well?!" I had been expecting this really.

"I'm sorry that you're currently unhappy and out of sorts. It's just that, looking back; I thought I might have gone about this whole thing the wrong way. I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving you alone, giving you time to adapt and adjust. Our phone conversation made me realise that might have been a mistake. How comfortable can you actually get with someone over BBM messages?" I made a sad attempt at a smile.

Considering her astounded look, I assumed I failed miserably. She sat heavily on the couch behind her and stared at her gripped hands in her lap.

"Your right Logan...how comfortable could I get with only messages? Oh I got comfortable all right. I loved the house you got me, my space, my library. Hell, it was so easy to imagine this all as some dream, some wish come true. I had the freedom I wanted, the peace...and none of the awkward fear of being some rich man's mistress because I had gotten so comfortable thinking of you as nothing more than some mysterious texter!" she finished on a yell.

"It all seemed like some joke. It couldn't be real. I thought maybe you were just some eccentric old man that felt sorry for my circumstances and decided to do a good deed. All your messages did was lull me into a sense of false complacency!" she finished on a full out bellow. She was standing again, towering over me, her fist clenched at her sides and breathing hard.

"You should continue. Let it all out...You need it, and you're entitled." I said softly. Entitled? Hell it was her right! I deserved all of it...Maybe even what happened after.

"You...you...JACKASS!" she yelled, just before her hand whipped back and smacked me right across the face, whipping my whole head to the side.

Without a second more or a glance back, she stormed out.

I raised my hand to my smarting cheek and felt the heat radiating off of it. I moved my jaw around a bit to try and alleviate the soreness. The girl had a hand on her that was for sure. Or a lot of pent up aggression...it had nearly felt like a punch and had knocked my head aside like one.

I gave a deep sigh and turned to head to my office. I would give her time to cool down. When I turned around, it was to be greeted by my butler who seemed to be having difficulty controlling his facial expressions.

"I deserved that." I said simply as I rolled myself out.

"Indeed, Sir?" he answered. I could have sworn he sounded smug.

Arrogant Bastard...