The Purchased Mistress P14 {Meet Logan}

So, Upon further reflection and after reading the first few comments, I decided against putting an official face to Logan. And for one main reason...

Imagination IS better since beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I was looking at the post and all I could remember was the number of times I had read a book, thought up the character in my head and then when there is a movie or TV show and the character comes on, I ALWAYS get pissed because he looks NOTHING like I imagined.

So! If any of you like either of those photos for Logan, by all means, use it as your guide lines. For the others, Ill leave your vision intact ;)

Besides...the next part is ready and I SOOO do not want to wait for 50 votes and a grand winner....

Do you?

D

XXXX

LOGAN:

She was here, in my house, under my roof. Paige. I had imagined her here with me so many times over the years that it still seemed as if it was part of some surreal dream.

True, she wasn't here of her own volition and I would rather have had her here under different circumstances but it didn't really matter anymore.

The point is, Paige was here, where I had wished so often to see her...gracing my halls, my living room, my living room.

I made my way towards the study where my butler had settled her in to wait for me. Just near the entrance, I stopped. I rubbed my clammy hands down my pants, trying fruitlessly to dry them.

I was nervous.

Hell, I was beyond nervous.

"What if she doesn't like me? What if she can't bare the sight of me?" I whispered to no one in particular. All my old fears of the last few years came rushing back to me. I clenched my fist and my eyes as old memories assaulted me.

Images from my past whirled around in my mind. Memories of children pointing, men staring, women looking at me with disgust, teenagers and kids laughing and mocking...but above all those memories, the worst was seeing the pity in people's eyes.

I hated that above all else.

I cringed and pushed the memories back, all the way to the further recesses of my mind. I wouldn't let those thoughts bother me anymore. So what if people had laughed and stared and pitied...they didn't know me nor what I had been through.

They didn't' mean a damn.

None of them mattered. None...except Paige.

Would she do the same to me? I doubt she would laugh. She was too kind for that. Maybe she would stare; maybe she would look at me with disgust. I could accept that. After all, she only knew me as the man who purchased her and she probably thinks it's for me to have my sick way with her.

Disgust from her would be deserved, I concluded.

I could handle that. I could handle anything...as long as she didn't look at me with pity.

"Please don't let her look at me with pity..." I prayed to no particular deity.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I rubbed my sweaty palms down my pants once more in another futile effort to get them dry. I took one last look in the hall mirror. I ran my hands through my hair, trying to tame the few pieces that decided to stick out haphazardly.

"You can do it!" I said to my reflection. Christ, I was being dork right now.

"Here goes nothing..." I breathed.

With one last deep breath and that lame pep talk, I made my way towards Paige.

PAIGE:

I was staring out of the window looking at the immaculate gardens that made up Logan's home. They were expansive, as was the house. It really was more of a Victorian style manor. The place was huge and looked to be an ancestral home. All the rooms had dark oak paneling and antique furniture.

The study was in now was the same such décor. It was accentuated with forest green highlights and deep brown leather sofas. It was masculine and comforting all at once.

I was so entranced by the pond and the ducks that were gliding about on it's crystal clear surface that I didn't hear him enter.

"Paige..." I heard a deep, velvety smooth voice say.

I jumped, startled out of my reverie and then froze. I couldn't look back. I didn't even dare stare in the mirror in the off chance I caught his reflection.

Logan...I thought.

How many hours had the mere mention of this man's name tortured me. First with thoughts that he would come any day to claim me, then with fondness when I had gotten to know him through his phone messages and came to realize how kind and caring he was and then in fear at the thought of his reaction if he ever caught me with Cade.

All this time, he had put me through a rollercoaster of emotions. Highs and Lows.

How many times had I lain in bed awake, trying to imagine what he would look like, how our first meeting would go? I admit had had moments of girlie fantasy...of a prince in shining armour sweeping me gallantly off my feet.

But those thoughts...dreams, had slowly gone away after I had met Cade.

And Cade...what was I suppose to tell him? I had already ignored two of his calls and all of his text messages. I knew I was only delaying the inevitable.

"Paige?" Logan's voice snapped me out of my internal diatribe. I had been so lost in thought, had I missed much of what he was saying?

"Please Paige...will you turn around to look at me?" he asked. Did his voice shake? Did it sound nervous or even...scared?

I took in a deep breath, as if I was preparing myself to face my biggest fear and slowly turned around. I kept my head down and my eyes squeezed shut. I had my arms wrapped tightly around my middle, as if I could save myself from pain.

"Paige...please look at me." He whispered oh so softly in that beautiful voice of his.

I lifted my head and took a final breath before finally opening my eyes to stare at the face that had been the source of all my worries lately.

I could feel my mouth opening and closing, like some demented fish, my eyes open wide and staring.

To say I was shocked was an understatement.

"L-Logan?" I stuttered like an idiot. I could feel my head tilt to the side like some confused dog.

He didn't say anything. He just bobbed his head in silent acknowledgement and stared at me. No...he was staring at my reaction.

He WAS nervous...and worried I realized. His eyes showed his fear. I could feel myself softening slightly inside although I'm sure my face didn't show it.

I closed my mouth and stood straight up and looked him over from his head to his toes. I could see him twisting his hands nervously and when he saw me watching him, he quickly pulled them a part to rub them along his pants.

I finally finished my scrutiny at his face.

He was a very handsome man. He had a thick head of chestnut hair that had a gentle wave and a pair of intense hazel eyes. He had slim nose with a crook in it, as if he had broken it previously. He had a nice square jaw line that was currently covered in a light lair of 5 o'clock shadow that gave him a very rakish debonair look. His chin was sporting the most adorable cleft.

I could see his prominent Adam's apple bob as he swallowed in nervousness as I continued my scrutiny without saying a word.

He had broad shoulders...very broad. And very nicely muscled and defined arms.

From what I could tell, he seemed like he would be a very tall man.

Then again, it was very hard to judge, seeing as he was currently in a wheelchair...

Alright...I just want to know who saw that coming. EH?

Comment and Vote if you like :p