hello bbs I have some music recommendations

*Rubs hands together*

Why hullo there dear reader, 'tis I! RIley! Back with some music recommendations if you're bored or need some not so new tracks to delve into!

*rubs hands so vigorously, a small fire collects in my hands*

*soon, all my exams are engulfed in the flames*

*ooooooh noooooo*

I have my last two exams tomorrow, which are going to be history and science. Science I'm pretty excited for, actually (I kind of like tests I'm weird ok), but history I'm dreading. 

Know why? 

BeCaUsE OUR QUIZLET FOR HISTORY IS 590+ TERMS AND OUR TEST IS ONLY LIKE 200. THATS A LARGE GAP OF QUESTIONS THAT WILL NOT BE ON THE TEST. 

So as a reward for studying so hard the night before, I'm allowing myself to listen to some old songs I used to love and to discover some new music! 

And I'm here tonight/today to pass the Egg of Recommendation onto you! (That was so weird but just roll with it lol)

ALSO SOME OF THESE HAVE PROBABLY BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE BUT IM TOO LAZY TO GO BACK AND SEE WHAT IVE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT OH WELL. ALSO, THIS IS GONNA BE A VEEEEERRY LONG ENTRY. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

- BREMEN by Pigpen Theatre Co. - I first heard this song on the Weather on Welcome To Night Vale and instantly fell in love. This one song in particular is based off the Grimm fairytale, Town Musicians of Bremen. It has a very folk-ish sound to it, and the lead singer's voice is very lovely. It makes you want to dance barefoot in some sand while twirling skirts around your ankles. 

THEN I listened to the entire album, also called Bremen, and it's now one of my favorite albums of all time. My favorites on the album are Bremen,  My Only Son, The Graveyard Song, As Lonely As Me, and Just Like The Sea

Score: 4.9/5

- WHAT A CATCH, DONNIE by Fall Out Baes -- *ahem* I mean Boy - I think I talked about this an entry or two ago, but I'll just reiterate: THIS SONG IS AMAZING. Fall Out Boy is a band I've been listening to for around five years now, and they're one of the most influential bands in my life. This song was one of the first songs that gave me a sense of "I'll hold onto you in case you fall." As a little 6th grade emo, that was very important to me. Just the way all the voice sounds and songs collide in the end - I have misty eyes every time I hear it. 

- 20 DOLLAR NOSE BLEED also by Fall Out Boy - okay this song gets me pumped every time i hear it. We have Patrick, we have Beebo, we have drug and pop culture references, wHaT mOrE cOuLd YoU aSk? I listen to this as I strut down the school hallways in the morning, feeling like a total B.A. But, like, a sad and gentle B.A. Does that make sense?

- LIFE ON MARS by David Bowie - I just wanna take this moment to emphasize how important David Bowie is to me. I've been listening to him since around the seventh grade, when I heard his song Rebel Rebel in the trailer for the movie Boys Don't Cry. Since that day, I've been obsessed with his spacey tunes and the way he defined the androgynous culture and fashions. While I wouldn't consider myself a total fashion conisouer, I do have a high respect for the fashion movements. And then there's David Bowie - looking just as B.A. in a jeather jacket as he does in a dress and red contour. Life On Mars is a song I love to listen to when I need a spacey, slightly political, and all around melodic jam. I've been listening to it every night for days now XD. 

- THE MORTICIAN'S DAUGHTER by Black Veil Brides - And here is another throwback band. I was obsessed with this band in sixth grade, but my hype kind of died out that summer. However, while my hype was at its pinnacle, this song was everything. Andy Biersack in general was everything. This is just such a daunting, eerie ballad, and I got chills just relistening to it a moment ago. 

- ON MELANCHOLY HILL by Gorillaz - I can without a doubt say that this song is one of my favorites of all time (also Melancholy is my favorite word but that's irrelevant). Especially the acoustic version of this song. By my profile picture, background, and bio, you can TELL that I'm obsessed with Gorillaz. Although I've only been listening to them since Saturnz Barz was released, I can already say with confidence that it's another Most Influential Band in my life. I can't even tell you HOW it's effected me quite yet, but trust me, it has. When I was curled on top of a school toilet one afternoon, having the biggest panic attack I've had in a while, On Melancholy Hill was the only thing that could soothe me. I hold this song so close to my heart. I feel as though Damon's voice is so magnified, and it's like he's singing right into my soul. The words flow in my veins. They're tinged with so much magic, so much tenderness. It's pretty incredible and honestly, I'll love this song forever. 

OKAY SO THAT WAS MY LIST OF SONG RECOMMENDATIONS. IF YOU'VE READ THIS ENTIRE ENTRY,  THEN... um... idk, you can have a coOKIE! YAY! 

I MAY DO ANOTHER ONE OF THESE SOON, AS I LOVE MUSIC SO MUCH.

ILL SEE YALL IN THE NEXT ENTRY, BUH-BYE! 

QUOTE OF THE DAY: You're a nut -- now tell me what socks are.     - My Mom