17: Thousand Needles

Harry's POV

What?

I could feel my heart drop and my throat clog up with nothing. What did he say? What was happening?

I stood there, breathless and unable to speak any form of word or sentence.

What did I just hear?

Before I could comprehend how and what and why and how, I took a step back and ran the opposite way where they were, wanting to escape their presence and make sure that my heart was still beating.

Obviously it still was since I was running and breathing, but I could feel it growing heavy in my chest, making it harder for me to run.

"Harry!" I heard Louis yell feet away from me, but I didn't stop and kept going as much as my heart would let me before it would die out.

I could feel the needles seeping their way through my heart, slowly and painfully that I had to stop to catch my breath against a wall far from the school and surrounded by grass.

I felt them digging their way in, hurting me and making me hold on to my chest, keeping myself from screaming out loud even though I knew no one would hear me.

No one has heard me in a long time.

There were a thousand needles, I could feel each and every one of them pushing in, almost inside. I took in sharp breaths and clutched my chest with both of my hands as I dropped to the floor, against the wall.

I wasn't sure if there was really a storm, but to me there was. It was circulating around me, making me grow scared and paranoid.

Meanwhile, the thousand needles were inside my heart and making it bleed severely. I couldn't keep the scream inside anymore and finally let it out.

"Ah!" I cried out, pushing my hands against my chest to try to numb the pain but it wasn't working, I was still bleeding and it still hurt like hell.

"Please," I begged, swear covering every inch of my face. "Please."

The needles kept going, ignoring my silent and broken pleas. I was at the point where I simply didn't care anymore because the pain was too much to handle and I didn't want to handle everything anymore.

She broke away and there wasn't anything I could do anymore.

So I let myself fall on the grass and slammed against the cold hard ground and slowly let my memory fade away from me.

**

Louis POV

"Where the fuck did he run off to?" I asked as I tried to look around for my friend but there was no sight of him.

Ethan and Bailey followed behind me, helping me to try to look for the missing curly haired fellow.

It didn't surprise me that he had reacted that way when he heard the news come out of the jock's mouth, but I didn't expect him to show his reaction in front of them.

Either way, all I wanted to do was find him before he could try to do something stupid to hurt himself.

We looked around the school for him but he was nowhere to be found. I tried asking students who were still here, but none of them had seen him.

Ethan was the one who decided to help me try to find Harry, and it was Bailey who had stayed silent this whole time but had agreed to help me as well.

It kind of pissed me off the way she was acting. How could she do this to him? I know she has no recognition of their past together, but she had kissed him and now, three days later she was getting back with her ex who wasn't him?