7: All Bad

Harry's POV

I silently sat down on the high stools next to the table, sitting right across from her.

She perched up on the stool and sat down before glancing up at me and giving me a small smile.

I stayed quiet, asking myself whether this was a dream or if I was hallucinating. I didn't know which.

She observed me quietly as she took a sip from her hot chocolate and leaned her head to the side. What could she possibly be thinking about besides how weird I was acting?

One minute I'm happy to see her, the other I'm crying because of her, and now I'm all quiet. I wouldn't blame her if she was thinking about sending me to the crazy institution right this minute. I myself felt like I should be sent off there.

Before I could think of methods of ways to start up a conversation, Bailey beat me to it.

"You know," she spoke as she played with the straw in her cup with her thumb and index finger, "you're way more quiet than I had expected you to be. Isn't there anything you'd like to tell me now that you have my full attention?" She quirked up an eyebrow.

"I, um." I gulped. Speak, Harry, speak!

She patiently waited for me to answer and I couldn't feel any more embarrassed.

Why can't I just stop being too damn scared? This is what you've been wanting and now you're screwing it up!

"There's nothing to say." I finally spoke, and I silently praised the gods above for not making me look like a complete fool. "You just remind me of someone who I used to know."

She nodded, but didn't seem satisfied with my answer. "Was she your girlfriend?"

"Yes." My heart nearly shattered but I ignored it, I'd have time to cry about it later when she was not present.

"Did you love her?"

The question built tears in my eyes that I had to blink away. "Yeah uh," I rubbed under my eyes and tried to keep still from shaking. "Can we talk about something else please?"

She noticed the crack in my voice and quickly nodded with concern in her facial expression. "Yeah, I'm sorry for bringing it up."

"It's fine." The tears were gone but I knew they'd come back soon. "It's just a very difficult topic to speak about, that's all."

She looked at me with sadness in her eyes and nodded again before looking down at the papers in front of her. "I was writing before you came in.." It sounded like she couldn't think of a topic.

"What are you writing?"

"I'm not sure." She furrowed her eyebrows together. "It started off as a story but then I guess it's a song..?"

I leaned closer to her, my elbows set on top of the table. I nervously bit at my lip, still not over of the previous conversation we had just had. "What is it about?"

"Love."

Oh.

"I have this reoccurring dream that wouldn't go away and I guess I decided to write about it."

"What is it about?" I asked again. I know it may not be my business but I wanted to keep talking to her and I couldn't help but be curious about what she had slept through.

Bailey's never told me any of the dreams she's had before, well apart from when she told me she dreamt about us and our fu...

Stop it, Harry. You don't want to remember unless you want to make another one of your stunts again except this time in front of the person who's been making you feel this away, just stop and cry about it later.