11: Alive

"Where are we going?"

No answer was given, all I felt was Bailey's hand holding onto mine and all the electricity passing through our skin. Even though it's been years, her touch still made me feel alive.

We walked passed the hallways and to the other side of campus to where another parking lot was in the school. We made our way to one of the last cars left in the lot and she let go of my hand, pulling keys out of her jacket and opening the car with a button.

The car was a black Mercedes, sleek and classy. I wondered if her parents decided on buying her a new car, whether it was for her safety and transportation or to make up for the accident she didn't have a clue about.

"Get in, please."

She opened the door to the drivers seat and got in. I walked around the car and went in the passenger seat before putting on my seat belt and closing the door. As soon as I got in, the engine started and she drove out of the parking lot.

"So this is your plan? Kidnapping me?" I rested my arm on the soft cushion next to my seat, it was leather and black.

She looked at me for a few seconds before turning her eyes back to the road and sighing. "It's not kidnapping when you want to come."

I didn't say anything and she took that as a chance to talk again.

"I know you want to be my friend. I can see it in your eyes every time you look at me, you just won't grow the balls to admit it."

I kept quiet, knowing that she was right. I knew deep inside when I told myself that it was best to let her go, I just wanted to make my feelings weaker about wanting to be around her to make it easier for me to let go.

That clearly did not work out.

And looking at her now, willing to do anything for me to be a companion, it made me happy to know that she was trying to gain a relationship with me even though she didn't know me and what we used to have.

But that's in the past, and I have to live in the present. With her.

**

We walked in fifteen minutes later to a nice little restaurant a couple of miles away from the city. It was nice and antique, it had a homey feel to it and I liked it.

Turns out they served anything you could think of here, so Bailey ordered two tacos and I ordered a cheeseburger with fries.

We got our food and sat at a table next to a window, the sun shining inside. Bailey and I sat across from each other, opening our boxes with our food inside and going for it.

We ate in silence, and by the time I was done she was done.

"Are you going to tell me where you're taking me tonight?" I asked after I drank from my soda.

"Nope." Her lips popped against each other when she spoke. "It's a surprise," she added. "But I will need to make a stop at my house to get changed. I can't go like this to where I'm planning on taking you."

I looked at what she wore today. She wore a simple red long sleeved shirt and black leggings and black boots.

I looked at what I was wearing and wondered if what I was wearing was appropriate. I wore a black shirt and black jeans along with black boots. I wondered if people thought I was emo looking like this, well I did have the attitude to be one..

"Is what I'm wearing alright?"

She looked at my appearance and nodded. "What you're wearing is more than fine, you'll fit right in."