6: All You Ever

Harry's POV

"So how exactly did this happen?"

Nelly looked at me with crossed arms, thinking of a quick excuse to tell the doctor about what happened to my sliced stomach.

"The uh, knife was laying on the table and the tip was hanging out. When he walked passed it, it sliced him."

The doctor looked up at Nelly, taking a pause from writing her excuse down on my medical paper.

"But then how come it didn't move?"

Nelly looked nervous for a few seconds before she acted normal again. "A um, hard tablet was on top of it so it wouldn't move."

The doctor looked at her before writing down the lie she had just said.

We waited a few more minutes for him to finish writing until he completed it.

"Can I go now?" I asked in a monotone. I really hated hospitals, it reminded me of death and suffer.

But especially because it only reminded me what happened to my girlfriend. Ex. I don't even know what we are anymore and I can't just ask her because she doesn't know who the hell I am besides a psycho who cries whenever he sees her.

Yeah, I needed to get out of here.

"Don't think you're off the hook now young man, now that you've recovered." The doctor raised his eyebrows at me and Nelly had gone back to her nervous state.

"Just because you have an excuse to what happened to you doesn't mean there won't be anymore questioning to this. Since your friend wasn't there until after it had happened, I think what this is is just an excuse to-"

"I wasn't trying to commit suicide." I interrupted him. I was just trying to escape from reality. That was the meaning behind this that no one would understand except me.

"But there is evidence that you could have done this to hurt yourself." He commented.

I stayed silent.

The doctor kept a burning stare on me, whether to let me go or to hand me down to the mental facility. He gave a deep sigh before scribbling down one more thing. "I'll tell you what, I'll let you go without any classes to take but you have to promise me that you won't make another one of these stunts again. I don't want you to come here and have me send you to the counselors. You don't want that, do you?"

"No." I'd rather die, it'd be easier than having to deal with this.

"Okay, now you go." He said, motioning us to the door, with what being left of myself.

--------

The car ride was silent, but I could feel the energy Nelly had been trying to avoid to hide from me.

We've been driving for fifteen minutes and all I've gotten from her was nothing. She wouldn't even glance at me after we had left the hospital.

I was going to ask her not to tell my mum about what had happened but she ignored me the whole time and I wasn't in the mood to fight. All I wanted to do was disappear from here and never come back to hell that was life.

It was raining outside and raindrops were dropping on the closed windows, leaving them marked off to be dried up when it'd stop raining and the sun would come out.

But it wouldn't happen if it rain again. The raindrops would stay and never leave, all they'd do was plant themselves until the opposite would come and take away the stains.

That's what had happened to me, except the rain would never be able to leave me.

--------

"Where are you going?" Nelly stopped me from walking out of the door of Liam and I's apartment.