Chapter 21

Draco's POV.

I quickly walk away from the Slytherin table, doing anything and everything to not be a part of Pansy's desperate flirting attempts with all the other boys in the house.

I spot Harry almost immediately and my heart does an embarrassing little leap at the sight of him.

Stop it. You're Draco Malfoy.
And he's Harry Potter.
And you're a death eater.
And your job is to hate him.

So why is it so hard to do that.

When I spoke to the Gryffindors about my dark mark becoming more prominent, it seemed like he thought he'd never speak to me again.

I can tell how truly screwed up the situation is when he sees me in the hall and turns the other way.

But it wasn't his mess up.

I was mine.

I'm the one who kissed him back.
I'm the one who was vulnerable when I should have been steel.

But it seems the Malfoy mask is a bit too small. Doesn't quite fit right.
Won't conceal my emotions.
Like it's been ripped to shreds and I'm the one who's supposed to clean up the mess.

And it's all because of one kiss from Harry Bleeding Potter.

Harry's POV.

I shovel a spoon full of potatoes into my mouth without much care.

Food isn't seeming so important these days. Not now that Voldemort's back.
Not now that.. Draco isn't talking to me.

Someone sits down in the seat next to me but I don't even bother to look up at first. When I catch Ron's gaze, though, he looks surprised and Hermione looks pleased.

Whoever it is must be important.

I turn my head to the right.

Oh.

Him.

"Good morning, Potter," he whispers. It's like he's afraid any loud noise will make me run.

Back to Potter.
But still... his voice.

I soak up in the sound of it like a new sponge.

"Are we still.. speaking?" I question back as Hermione and Ron look on intently.

"You won't get rid of me so easily," is his snarky reply.

My head is spinning.
He still wants to talk to me.

Even though I messed up big time and let my emotions take over.

"Bummer," I say back with a small smile, "I'll try harder next time."

He smirks and things feel- almost normal.

"Potions is next. We have it together," he says, voice not much louder than before.

"So we do."

"Could I- um.. walk you?" He asks tentatively.

I nod slowly, not quite sure of the implications of walking me to class.

Then again, we have the class together.

Then again... I'd like to imagine that his invitation really means more.

I nod at Ron and Hermione who look surprised to see me go, and get up from my seat.

Hermione's wearing a, 'don't leave me with him!' look, but I could not care less at the moment as my only thoughts are of Draco.

Draco and his scent of pine, and something fruity, and another thing I could never place.

Draco who smells suspiciously like a broomstick handle, treacle tart, and something else flowery, maybe vanilla.

Draco who smells exactly like my Amortentia.

Draco's POV.

He stands from the table and I follow.
It's more awkward than I planned.

Harry certainly seems to be on edge.
I know for a fact it's my fault.

"Potter," I start.

"What happened to Harry?"

"Oh. Um.. Harry, look I think.."

"Draco, you're making this more awkward than it has to be."

"Sorr- I"

"I kissed you. I'm sorry, you were freaking out and I needed to stop that. So I kissed you and you didn't like it, no big deal."

"Right."

Didn't like it? Did I like it?

What's this doing to my head?

After our talk, I head down to my dormitory only to stop suddenly.

A burning sensation spreads across my left forearm.

The dark lord.
Voldemort.

He's summoning me.

AN: sorry for not updating for a while. I'm serious (haha) when I say I have a tinge of writers block on this story.
Please vote, comment, and share, and leave some ideas in the comments for me like please.