Chapter 8

Harry's POV.

After the little incident in my dorm, I've been trying my hardest to avoid Malfoy.

It seems like this is for the best considering the rumors and the fact that, if Seamus hadn't entered when he did, I might have gotten carried away and kissed Malfoy.

I get anxious just thinking about it.

When class rolls around, I can't help but stare at him.

I may be trying to keep my distance, but that doesn't mean I can't look.
All it means is I can't touch.

The teacher dismisses us early and I try to get out of there fast, seeing as this class period we had with the Slytherins.

"Potter!" I hear.

"Potter stop walking away from me!" Malfoy commands.

I don't listen and just keep walking.

He keeps following me, never getting more than 3 meters behind.

In a last effort to ditch him, I duck outside into the pouring rain.

I run far from the door so I'll see if he tries to follow me.

After not seeing any sign of Malfoy for a few minutes, I sit under a tree for protection from the intense rainfall.

"Potter," Malfoy speaks from beside me, causing me to jump.

"I cannot believe you made me come all the way out here."

I just stand up and start walking away.

Plan: Avoid Malfoy at all costs, is lying at an all time low.

"Potter," he says tiredly from behind me.

I pick up my pace.

"Potter!" He yells again.

I'm jogging at this point.

"Potter!"

I don't listen and just keep moving.

"Oh for gods sake!"

He's getting frustrated, maybe he'll finally leave me alone.

"Potter! Harry!" he sighs.

I stop at the sound of my first name.

Harry

Hearing Malfoy call me Harry felt so foreign, but so perfect.

I spin around to face him and notice that I'm only one step away from being pressed against his body.

He looms over me, looking angry but not threatening.

"Harry," he says again, "What's going on?"

He takes half a step closer and I take half a step back, fighting the urge to just lean in and press my lips against his.

He takes another step and I follow suit.
Then another and another, like some weird dance we both know even though it hasn't been taught to us.

He's panting slightly, probably from all the running. I'm out of breath too, but not from the unexpected exercise.

He takes one more step toward me, and all of the sudden I'm trapped with my back against a tree and Draco Malfoy pressed all along my front, his hands resting on the tree trunk behind me.

"What's going on?" He asks in a whisper, sounding desperate.

"Nothing Malfoy!" I lie, "Just sod off won't you?"

He shakes his head and then looks me directly in the eye.

I unintentionally lick my lips, causing him to frown and back away slightly.

Shoot.

I decide I need to break the tension.

"I'm uh.. just trying to make sure that no one thinks we're actually an item," I stutter.

He nods slowly and removes his hands from behind my back.

"Alright then, just... just come inside"

I nod at him. Thinking of ways to get out of the slow walk back to the castle in the pouring rain with Malfoy.

"Race ya!" I shout before I can over think it.

I decide to make a run for the nearest door.

Before I even make it halfway, Malfoy darts past.

"Hey!" I laugh at his participation, sprinting to get ahead.

Right before I reach the doors, I'm tackled to the ground.

I'm staring up at a soaking wet Draco Malfoy.

I repeat! Draco Malfoy's body is lying on mine.

He's looking at my eyes and he keeps glancing at my lips.

I'm hyperventilating.

Not because of the weight of Malfoy on my chest, but because, well... Malfoy is on my chest! Actually, my whole body, to be exact.

"Um.. right then," he whispers, getting  up and extending a hand for me to grab.

I slowly sit up and move my arm to take his hand.

Has his hand always made tingles go through my body like this?

He walks over to the door, opening it.

"After you," he invites.

I step inside, wringing my robes out and making sure not to loose sight of Malfoy.

There are no students in the hall, meaning we are most definitely late.

When we finally get to class, which I have with the Slytherins yet again, the professor turns her head to analyze us.

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy, how nice of you to join us. Please take your seats," we nod at her, thinking we got off easy when she calls out again.

"Oh and boys, you have detention at 7:30 sharp."

                               ~△⃒⃘~

Draco's POV.

I walk over to Potter's table at dinner and hear Granger and Weasley complaining to him.

"You totally didn't deserve that detention, Harry! I mean you saved the entire wizarding world for merlins sake! You'd think people would cut you a little slack," Ron tells him.

"A tardy is still a tardy, the chosen one or not," Hermione reminds him.

I chuckle and walk all the way over, taking a seat next to Harry.

"Well if it isn't Malfoy," The Weaselette says, giggling,
"We were just talking about how both you and Harry were late to class," she says, like she knows something I don't know.

Harry shoots her a glance.

I only shake my head at her, not understanding what's so funny.

Harry stand up and motions for me to follow.

He leans in and whispers,
"Sorry I got you detention, see you there," before going back to sit with his friends.

                               ~△⃒⃘~