Chapter 43

Pandora's Box

"So you're going to capture Evelina in Pandora's Box?..."

"Yes, that's correct."

"And then Jack's going to take her out of town and away from danger?"

"Yes."

David nodded slowly as Rumple explained what he intended to do. He looked up to his family. He simply shrugged and made a careless face.

"Well, I like it!" David exclaimed and Regina looked at him as if he had gone mad.

"Are you trying to get her killed before her 19th birthday?!" She scolded and walked to other side of the table. She picked up Pandora's Box before showing it to them.

"Do you know what lies inside Pandora's Box? It's dark. Cold. A never-ending stage of pain. It contains all of the worlds evil. Every realm, place, state, everything. It's a nightmare in there! Everything is corrupted. It will mess with your head and will destroy every little bit of light you dare let inside. It turns your precious daydreams into nightmares and you don't even have to be asleep. It all becomes a hallucination and you begin to go crazy because you can't tell what the difference is from what is fake and what is reality. "

Everyone stared at Regina after her brief explanation of what roamed inside that tiny box.

"We're not putting my daughter in there." Jack protected as he glared at Rumple for even suggesting it.

"She won't be around those cursed creatures. She will be in a separate spot. A place where the bad can't get to the good. I'll make sure of it." Rumple said and Jack, for some odd reason, believed him. Jack slowly processed what could go wrong. A lot.

But Jack was desperate. He wanted his daughter back. He couldn't bear to lose her.

"Do it."

~

Felix and Bash ran up beside Evelina as they watched the Dark One get closer to City Hall from the window. Evelina squinted her eyes. He held something in his hand. Evelina tilted her head, not knowing what it was.

"What is that he's holding?" Evelina asked and Felix shook his head.

"Can't tell. But it doesn't look good." Felix mumbled and turned away. He began to devise a plan in his head. He walked over to Pan's desk and opened the bottom drawer. Felix pulled out a sword for himself and handed Bash a bow and some arrows. Evelina gasped.

"You can't shoot him!" She squealed and Felix rolled his eyes. He grunted mindlessly and continued to sharpen his weapon.

"It's us or him, sweetheart." Sebastian said with a smirk. Evelina watched as the handsome boy placed the arrow on his bow and raised it up, ready to strike at any moment.

"He's one of my friend's lovers you sure as heck aren't going to hurt him!" She fought again and Felix finally grew tried of the nagging girl.

"Listen, the Dark One isn't exactly coming to see how we're doing, nor is he bringing us tea. We promised Pan we would do anything to protect you and that's exactly what we're going to do." Felix finally said and pointed to the desk.

"Hide under it, now." He snapped and Evelina obeyed. She crouched down and managed to fit her small body under the mayor's desk. She grunted softly as she pulled her knees close to her body. And she listened. It was completely silent and Evelina, for a moment, thought the two lost boys had ditched her.

But then Bash burped.

"Sorry." He apologized and she heard Felix slap the poor boy. Evelina was about to laugh when all of a sudden, the door slammed opened. Obviously with magic. Evelina didn't dare move.

As for the boys, they fixed their posture and clutched onto their weapons even tighter. They glanced at each other once before taking a deep breath.

"Lost, are we Dark One?" Felix asked lowly and Rumple chuckled darkly. He hid Pandora's Box behind his back so the boys wouldn't see.

"Not lost, boys. Just looking for Evelina Frost." He responded. The two boys frowned.

"She isn't here, now leave." Sebastian snapped and Rumple gave a salty laugh.

"Then who is that little lady under the desk?" Rumple smirked and flicked his wrist. With magic, the desk lifted off the ground and broke against the wall. Evelina covered her head quickly and gave a shrill scream.

Bash quickly grabbed Evelina and hid her behind him.

"Well now. If it isn't Evelina Frost. Dearie don't you know your family is looking for you?" Rumple said to the young girl and she peeked around Sebastian's shoulders.

"Why are you here, Mr. Gold? I know it isn't for a fair chat." Evelina said, getting straight to the point. She simply wanted whatever he had planned to get it over with.

"Your father has sent me to retrieve you. You need to leave Storybrooke, Miss Frost. Amd as soon as possible." He spoke and Bash chuckled. Felix gave the brunette a glare, as if telling him to stay silent.

"She isn't going anywhere with you." Felix snapped. Without warning, Bash let the arrow go and it went straight for the Dark One.

But, of course, Rumple stopped the arrow with magic before it could even get five feet of him. Rumplestiltskin dropped the arrow and it clanked against the marble floor.

"Do you really think a mere arrow could stop me?" Rumple taunted and raised an eyebrow. It seemed as if the Dark One had finally lost his patience with everyone because he flicked his wrist and Felix fell to the ground, unconscious. The same went for Bash. The boy fell to the ground in a heap and Evelina was left exposed. She immediately raised her hands, ready to strike with ice if she had to. She trembled before the Dark One. The room began to get colder and Rumple knew the girl became afraid.

"Don't fear me Evelina. You and I both know I'm not going to hurt you." He said and Evelina took a step back. She knew this man wasn't going to harm her. He was her friend. But she really knew why he was here. And she knew she wasn't going to like it.

"But you are here to take me away against my will." Evelina concluded and the man shook his head.

"It's for your own good, dearie. You don't know Pan like I do." Rumple said and Evelina shook her head in denial. Her hands still up.

"No, you just don't understand, he's sweet, charming, and-"

Rumple scoffed. He couldn't believe what the young girl was saying to him.

"Don't let him trick you, Miss Frost... I'll make you a deal. Come easily, and we won't have to do this the hard way. And if you don't, then you leave me no choice then to use this." Rumple brought out what looked like a cube box thing to Evelina. She scrunched her face up at it and frowned.

"What is that?" She asked with narrowed eyes.

"You don't want to find out, Evelina. Believe me." He said truthfully.

Evelina Frost knew that box was dangerous. She knew whatever it was it couldn't be good.

But she was stubborn.

"I'm not going anywhere without a fight." She snapped and Rumple sighed.

"Your mind is clouded by him, Evelina. Don't let the devil mess with your mind."

"He's not the devil!" Evelina screamed in protest and ice began to creep on the walls around her. Rumpelstiltskin noticed and knew he had no other choice than to act. He froze the girl's body movement completely. Evelina couldn't move at all. Rumple gave a sigh when he saw how frightened and confused the girl's eyes were.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this dearie. Please know, Evelina, I never wished to cause harm to you." Rumple said one last time, and the man opened Pandora's Box. He held the box up close to the girl and watched as her body slowly transported inside Pandora's Box.

Once Evelina was inside, Rumpelstiltskin huffed loudly before clutching onto the box.

"Truly forgive me, Evelina Frost."

*unedited*