Chapter 36

First Long Lost Love

Peter Pan shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers. The harsh cold wind hit against his skin but he didn't care. He continued to walk down the path that had once caused immense pain to him. His destination wasn't far. The diminishing of the howling wind told him he was close to the meadow.

Peter frowned when he realized he had stepped in mud. He scowled and shook off whatever mud he could.

"Bloody hell."

He continued walking again. He suddenly felt as if his plan wasn't going to work. He wanted to turn around and simply run back into Evelina's arms. But he knew he would tear himself apart if he didn't finish his personal mission.

Finally, he reached his destination. In the meadow, the snow had diminished away. Soft snowflakes drifted down and slightly kissed his cheeks when they ran over Peter's bare skin. Pan shivered slightly but didn't let the cold stop him at all. The young man walked over to two huge stones that stuck out of the earth. He smiled sadly as he kneeled down. He stared straight ahead at the names etched on the rocks. Peter flickered his hands, and with magic, two single white roses appeared in his hands. He set one of the flowers one each grave and cursed when he accidentally nicked his pinkie finger.

"Hello mum and dad. How have you been?"

~

No, there is no relation between the previous king and queen of Arendelle and Peter Pan. No, Peter was never in line for the throne of Arendelle. No, the king didn't hate him when he found out Peter possessed magical powers, much like his own daughter.

Instead, the king and queen of Arendelle decided to adopt Peter Pan.

And so Peter called them mum and dad.

And so Peter fell in love with Elsa, so so long ago.

But she did not return the gracious act.

And so he lived in Arendelle until he was 15.

And the boy discovered how wonderful it felt like to have rule over people.

And he left to an island that he deemed Neverland.

And he never came back.

~

Elsa brushed her hair softly with her brush as she sat at her vanity table. She was watching how her thick hair trailed down her shoulders. She noticed it was getting a bit curly due to how often she had it in a braid. Elsa once grew to hate the colour of her hair, all because it was too noticeable, too strange... Too different.

Her doe eyes trailed off to small thimble that sat on her table top. She poked it and smiled slightly. Oh how she missed her dear friend Peter Pan. The boy who had helped her control her powers and showed her what she could do with them.

He had left so suddenly, and so unannounced. Elsa had lost one of her only friends.

Besides the matter, she knew this thimble had meant a lot to him, and she hoped one day he will come back to look for it. And Elsa hoped she would get to make amends with him before he left to god knows what.

She was so lost in thought she didn't hear her balcony door open and a figure step in.

"I see you kept my thimble safe." A British voice suddenly spoke. Elsa smiled softly before turning towards the boy.

"Snakker om djevelen ." Elsa mumbled and stood up, her smile widening. Peter smiled back at her softly before clearing his throat.