Chapter 13

The Stairs

Evelina slept on the stairs. She had fallen asleep there after her rough night and she simply couldn't bring herself to walk into the loft and face the Charming's, yet she didn't want to be outside knowing Pan and his Lost Boys could be around to cause trouble. So she settled on the stairs.

She tried to stay awake all throughout the night, but around 4:30 in the morning, she had fallen into a deep slumber.

Now it was 8:15, and Evelina still hadn't woken up.

And Killian Jones found her knocked out on the stairs, still snoring away.

He spotted the girl but was more amused than surprised to find her on the stairs in an uncomfortable-looking position. So Hook picked her up carefully and continued up to the Charming's loft where he gave a soft knock and waited for someone to open the door.

Emma Swan opened the door, and just as she was about to say something creative towards Hook, she noticed the familiar sleeping girl in his arms.

"Where did you find her?" Emma demanded softly as she opened the door more to let in the pirate.

"On the stairs, sleeping," he grunted.

He rushed over to the bed where Snow still slept away and carefully placed Evelina down on the other side. Killian peered at Evelina and gave a sigh.

"Drained out of energy. Makes me wonder why the little lady didn't make it all the way into the loft," the pirate said and looked over at Emma, who was watching him curiously.

"Why are you even here?" She asked and Hook gave a small smirk.

"Came to see if Evelina made it home. Bit of a shock when I saw her on the stairs," he said and took an apple from the bowl on the table.

"And I came to walk your boy to Granny's today," Killian continued and Emma raised an eyebrow.

"You mean Henry-"

"Great! You're here!" The boy said as he rushed down the stairs and saw Killian standing tall.

"Ready, lad?"

"Yeah," Henry said as he grabbed his bag and a peach as well. Emma just watched with a baffled look and couldn't even speak as Killian and Henry walked out the door.

As the two boys left the loft, Neal walked in, just as stunned as Emma as he watched his son leave with the pirate. Baelfire walked inside and saw Emma still staring at the door with surprise.

"What just happened?"

Emma wasn't sure what to make of it when her son walked out of the loft with Killian. Regina and Neal didn't either. When they both walked in, Emma was still in shock and felt even a bit replaced by the pirate.

"He's trying to corrupt Henry," Neal said as they all stood around and Regina scoffed.

"To what? Wear leather and eyeliner?" She snapped and Neal frowned at her.

"He's a pirate for a reason. Corruption is his middle name."

"There's a better chance that Henry ends up corrupting him instead of the other way around," Regina said and then noticed Evelina knocked out next to Snow.

"What's with her? She's usually an early riser," Regina said and Emma gave a sigh.

"My mom stayed up late worrying about Evelina-"

"Not your mother, Swan, I'm talking about Evelina!" Regina snapped and Emma rolled her eyes.

"Hook found her knocked out on the stairs. She didn't make it up here last night," Emma recited and Regina gave a huff.

"Stubborn child," she mumbled and then saw Snow next to Evelina, and Regina raised an eyebrow.

"And what's with her?" She asked and Emma frowned.

"I just told you, she was worried about-"

"Never mind, we have bigger things to worry about," Regina said, cutting Emma completely off. Just as it seemed like Emma was about to smash Regina's head into the wall, her father and Rumpelstiltskin walked in.

"We have a problem," David announced and Regina scoffed and crossed her arms angrily.

"When do we not?"

~

Evelina woke with a start. She felt her muscles extremely sore and felt as if her back was on fire. She peered around and looked to her side, only to find Snow snoring away. But the rest of the loft was silent. Everyone had left.

She suddenly gasped in pain as she moved even the slightest. Her back was stiff and ached from sleeping on the stairs.

She stood up slowly and stretched as much as she could without hurting herself.

"Morning," a slow voice suddenly said and she screamed when she saw Peter Pan staring at her while he sat crisscrossed on a kitchen chair.

"Why are you doing here?! Leave, leave, leave!" Evelina whispered shouted as she looked at Snow to make sure she wouldn't wake up.

"Don't worry about her. She's under sleeping powder," Pan explained and stood up from the chair and examined the loft. He scrunched his nose.

"It's small," he stated bluntly. Evelina tried to keep calm, but Peter's presence made it hard for her.

"Yes, it's small. Can you leave now?" She pressed but Pan just continued to look around.

"I can offer you so much more," he said and Evelina looked away.

"You're a monster."

"A monster you'll soon learn to love, my dear," he responded and suddenly appeared right before her.

"You have high hopes for yourself, boy. To think I could ever love someone as heartless as you," she snapped. Peter just chuckled.

"Keep telling yourself that, love," he whispered back and just walked closer to her. Evelina couldn't move, her feet were frozen to the ground. Literally frozen. She had lost control of her powers slightly.

And so Peter didn't have to worry about Evelina escaping, as he neared her and placed his forehead on her exposed shoulder. Evelina instantly regretted wearing the tank top, but that didn't stop her from slightly enjoying the electricity that shot through her when Pan came in contact with her.

"Pan, take off this stupid spell," she suddenly said harshly. Peter gave a small huff but did back away from her and he undid the spell. She was able to move again. She was shocked Peter had actually listened to her. Pan noticed and smirked.

"Surprised, love?" He asked and began walking towards the door.

"I don't have the need to pressure you to love me, sweetheart. Soon, you'll be itching to be near me. And when that happens, I won't be too far, Evelina."

Peter walked out of the small loft and left Evelina alone, confused, and hungry.

*unedited*