Chapter 23

Alcohol: Featuring Captain Hook & Baelfire

Emma was asleep at the kitchen table, her drool dripping off her lips and landing on the polished wood. When Neal found her, he shook his head before continuing to look for a snack to eat.

After a whole night of searching for Evelina, it was only right Emma had fallen asleep on accident. Neal didn't bother waking her up, she looked way to peaceful on the table. He quietly made his way into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of orange juice. He was sipping away when he heard the front door open. Neal figured it was Snow, Charming, or even Regina, but it was actually Captain Hook. Neal stiffened as he watched Hook walk over to Emma and caress her soft hair. Hook was so intrigued that he didn't even notice Neal was there.

"Don't wake her up mate." Neal mumbled and Hook retreated his hand quickly when he heard Baelfire's voice. The pirate narrowed his eyes before turning away from Emma.

"Didn't see you there." Hook hissed and began to run his hand over his hook. Both men didn't bother speaking to each other. To both of them, each other was the competitor, the obstacle that stood in the way of the path that lead to Emma's affection. Since the day the Charmings had rescued Neal from the clutches of Peter Pan on Neverland, both he and Hook had been competing for Emma's attention. Of course, Emma wasn't about to chose between two guys (no matter how much Evelina pestered her to chose the pirate). Emma kept insisting that she didn't have time to think of boys not unless it was her son. After Neverland, and Pan's reign over Storybrooke, Emma had been extremely over protective about Henry. She couldn't help but feel that one day, Pan was going to come back and take her son away from her again. She wasn't about to let that happen again.

Hook sat in a chair besides Emma and pulled out his small canteen that he hid in his leather coat. It was filled with alcohol, and instantly the smell of rum filled the air. Neal scrunched his nose.

"Emma hates rum."

"Emma hates your arse." Hook snapped back and Neal rolled his eyes. He didn't say anything back and instead, stood up and walked towards Hook. The captain raised an eyebrow as he watched Neal take a seat besides him and he held his hand out. Hook raised an eyebrow at Neal's gesture but shoved his small canteen into the man's hand.

Both started to drink, and when they had ran out of rum, Neal jumped up and grabbed the wine and whiskey that Snow had lying around, and they began chugging that down.

After a couple more bottles, both were intoxicated to the edge. Hook hiccuped and Neal had trouble keeping his giggles to himself.

"Mate... you," Neal hiccuped and burped, "... you have really pretty eyes..." He giggled and slapped away Hook's face and Hook laughed loudly. It was a surprise Emma didn't wake up.

"Ma... Ma... Mate, I love you too." Hook slurred out. The pirate took a swung at the last bottle of whiskey, and gave a loud burp.

"I... I also love Emma." He continued. Neal's eyes widened and he turned to Hook. Neal might've been intoxicated but he knew he power behind those words.

"You, uh, love her?" Neal repeated, massaging his eyes and trying to process Hook's words.
Hook shrugged and gave a giggle.

"I don't know." He laughed and Neal gave a hard huff. The pirate was now finishing the bottle and turned to Neal. He pointed out at Baelfire, and Neal tried to concentrate on the many rings that sat on the pirate's hands.

"But you just said-"

"Mate, I'm drunk and in love, I'll say just about anything!" He mused out once more before giving a loud giggle. Neal watched as Hook stood up and then fell straight to the floor.

"Come on! To the Rolly Joger!" He slurred loudly as he struggled to get up, and Neal turned to see Emma stir in her sleep.

"Come! I shall sail the High Seas and you can be my wench!" Hook continued to rant. Neal began to yawn and glanced at Hook, only to find the pirate staring at him.

"I love Emma, mate." Hook said, this time more confidently. Neal didn't know how to respond. Instead he just gave a long sigh and helped his old friend off the cold floor

"Yeah. I know you do."

*unedited*