Chapter 6

Him

All Evelina could hear was the soft pitter-patter of her flats as she followed the blond boy with the scar. He led her to Regina's office, Evelina immediately recognizing the way.

They finally made it to the Mayor's office door. Evelina gulped and looked at the boy with wide eyes.

"Go on inside, Miss Frost," he spoke with his monotone voice. He left with no other word said and Evelina was left frozen in front of the door. She knew she should go inside, but her fear began to cloud her decisions. She still didn't move when suddenly the door opened on its own. Evelina peered inside but saw no one.

"Miss Frost," a voice said. Evelina analyzed the voice. It was male mixed with a deep British accent, much like Killian's. It gave her chills.

She cautiously entered the office, looking at her surroundings suspiciously. Everything seemed as to how Regina left it, except now instead of her girly things, they were replaced with trinkets of all sorts. The books that were once on Regina's bookshelves have been replaced with strange-looking tomes with weird titles. Evelina instantly recognized a smallish book as the same dark book that Regina's mother had given her.

Another thing that was different was Regina's desk. Her phone was gone and so was her lamp. Instead, a lantern sat on the desk and a sort of ashtray was there.

But what really caught Evelina's eyes was the boy sitting on a sofa to the side. She didn't need introductions for her to know who she faced.

The boy had a dark presence to himself, no question. He had a strong form,  stood tall and proud, overall frightening Evelina. His height was around 5"9, towering over Evelina by 4 inches. He had brown hair that was swished on its own, a mysterious crooked smile and fair skin. But what really got Evelina's attention was his eyes. His eyes were a dark green which stood out beyond all. As they caught the light, they gleamed with mischief. He was handsome, Evelina thought and she mentally frowned.

Evelina suddenly felt small.

He smirked at her before walking towards her and Evelina's breath hitched.

"Come, sit," he commanded as he walked towards Regina's desk. Evelina stood still at her spot but she forced her legs to move and she walked to the chair across the way from the boy.

"I'm sure you know who I am, right?" He muttered and Evelina frowned.

"You're Peter Pan," she said, cutting straight to the chase. He narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Correct. They told me that your father had dropped you off at the town line. Jack Frost, is it?" He continued and Evelina felt as if she was shrinking in her chair.

"Yes," Evelina spoke softly.

"Call me Peter. Peter is fine, Evelina," he said and it caused Evelina to shift uncomfortably. She stared straight into Pan's green eyes and it scared her for a moment. It scared her so much, snow once again began to drift from the ceiling.

"Interesting," Pan mumbled as he looked up, watching snowflakes fall carelessly from above. Evelina gulped when she saw the snow and immediately began thinking of loving thoughts. The snow diminished slowly, slower than ever because she still had fear in her mind. Fear of the handsome boy who was in front of her. She concentrated on her thoughts.

But Peter Pan was fairly interested in the pretty girl in front of him. With her curious big eyes and soft blonde hair and ice magic, Peter Pan began to feel intrigued and even a little intimidated by the young girl.

"Ice powers huh? You remind me of someone. Elsa was her name..." Pan said and he smirked when he saw he finally caught Evelina's full attention. The girl's eye twitched at the mention of her mother but she was smart enough to swallow her rude snaps and stayed silent.

Pan chuckled at her silence and flicked his wrist. The door to the office opened and Pan gestured to the entrance.

"Please leave, Miss Frost,  " he simply said, clearly done with the strange conversation. Evelina did not hesitate to bolt towards the door, ready to leave the hell behind.

"But-!" Evelina scowled and nearly stomped her foot when she heard him speak again. She already knew it was going to be something she wouldn't like.

"I would like you to join me for tea tomorrow afternoon. Meet me here at 4:30," he instructed. Evelina raised an eyebrow.

"And if I deny?"

"You would regret it instantly," he responded smoothly and Evelin huffed.

What a bitch... She scowled to herself.

But despite her rude, Evelina didn't want to find out what he would do if she denied so instead, she agreed and walked out of the room stiffly. She wanted to get out of City Hall as quickly as she could and never return.

But as she made her grand escape, she heard Pan taunt,

"I can't wait for our afternoon together Miss Frost."

And she remembered she would have to return the very next day.

~

Evelina was in a trance as she walked out of City Hall. She was desperate to get out of there and nearly started running. But she knew she couldn't just run. She was afraid and if she ran while she was in fear, she might freeze the entire place. She decided against it and just walked out as calmly as she possibly could.

Rumpelstiltskin and Regina kept their promise, for they were waiting outside right where they left her. As soon as Evelina saw them, she ran straight towards Regina.

Regina was taken by surprise when Evie wrapped her arms around her in a desperate manner. Regina patted her back after her shock disappeared and looked at Rumple worrisome.

"Evelina...?"

"I have to have tea with him tomorrow," Was the first thing she said and Regina could hear a loud groan come from the small girl.

Regina sighed and wrapped her arm around Evelina. The queen began to lead her towards town.

"Come on, Evie, let's get you some french fries."

*unedited*