Goodbye

Alex stared at me with sad eyes. "Okay, I'll help you. Let's get this in your car." I wiped my eyes and grabbed my suitcases. He grabbed some boxes and we made our way to the car. "You were already packing stuff in here?" I sniffled and nodded. "Yeah that's why the apartment's been so empty lately." He shook his head in disbelief and put the boxes in the passenger side. "I've only got one more box and then I'm off to take these to be shipped to New York."

Alex looked at me confused. "I thought your family was in Texas?" I nodded. "Yes, they are. I'm going with my aunt. She's in the hospital and I need to go visit her. I haven't seen her in a long time." He nodded in understanding and went into the apartment again. I turned on the car and waited for Alex to put the box into the passenger side. "Go home, Alex. Go comfort David. He's not okay, I know him better than anyone. I'll be okay." He smiled solemnly and tossed my deodorant, hairbrush, and a piece of gum at me. "At least look like you didn't just crawl out of the sewer." I rolled my eyes and drove off.

When I got home, I grabbed my suitcase and carry-on and set them in front of the door. I changed out of my pajamas, slipped on some jeans and an old shirt and rushed to my car. I drove over to David's house and contemplated if I was doing something stupid.

When I got there, I got out and hesitantly walked to his door. I knocked and waited for him to open the it. When the door opened, I stared at Alex who was shaking his head and rambling really fast. "I forgot something here a while back." I pushed past him and walked to my old room. The room remained untouched, which broke my heart in some more places, but I kept a straight face and went straight for my camera. I held it close to my body and turned around, only to come face to face with the eyes I wanted to avoid.

"What are you doing here?"
My breath hitched in my throat, but I stood my ground. "I was just picking up my camera. I'll see you around, David. Maybe." And with that, I walked out of the house and sped back to the apartment.

The next morning, the morning of my departure, I got out of bed and changed into my most comfortable, yet appropriate, public outerwear. I threw my hair up in a bun and grabbed my last minute items that I didn't want to leave behind.

I was almost ready to leave the apartment once and for all when my phone buzzed with a call from Alex Ernst.

A.K. - "Hello?"
A.E.- "Audrie, I made a huge mistake!"
A.K. - "What did you do?"
A.E. - "I was on the phone talking to Kristen and Liza about you moving, and David kind of overheard."
A.K. - "I don't care if he overheard. I'm leaving and he wouldn't care anyways."

I hung up and grabbed my suitcases and carry-on bag and made my way to my car.

The drive to the airport was bittersweet, but I knew that I had to do this. I had to leave to find my head and be with my family.

When I got there, I went through the bag check and the security check and all the other checks that needed to happen when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to face David Dobrik whose eyes were puffy and red. David Dobrik who was crying openly in the middle of the airport. "What do you want," I asked haughtily, not forgetting the final words he spoke to me in my apartment. "Are you here to take back what you said?" He nodded and took my hand in his. "Audrie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of the horrible things I said to you. I had no right to say those things. You are the best thing to ever happen to me." I pulled my hand away softly and began to walk away.

"Audrie, no, don't go. Please." He was begging. David Dobrik begged to no one for anything, yet there he knelt, begging for me to stay. Begging for me to change my mind. I let a tear fall from my face and knelt to be face to face with him. "David, I have to go home. You didn't even love me." His eyes widened and he pulled me in for a kiss. I pushed him away gently and shook my head. "I will not be footage for your vlogs anymore. I am not a doormat for you to walk all over. I really thought you were the one, Dobrik." I sadly smiled and ran my hand through his hair. "I love you, my David. Goodbye." I began to walk away when he shouted four words I never thought anyone would ever say to me.

"Will you marry me?"

And although it was everything I ever wanted, I couldn't bring myself to say yes, so I got on my plane.

---------------------------------------------------------
welcome to the end of footage for the vlog.. i hope you enjoyed this book♡