Drunk

TRIGGER WARNING
talk of sexual assault, domestic violence and suicide

"Audrie, wake up!" I groaned and opened my eyes, looking around until they fell on Liza's petite form. "What, Satan?" She hit me with a pillow and got off my bed. "We are going back to the guys' house because they're having some sort of party. Everyone wants you to go." I sighed and got out of bed.

I took a shower and brushed my teeth before going to my closet and grabbing some jeans a t-shirt and white converse. I straightened my hair and put it up in a ponytail, making sure to leave some strands of hair hanging out in the front. I walked out into the living room to find Liza calling an Uber. "You're going like that? You look homeless." I grinned and walked over to the fridge and grabbed the bottle of Jack I made Zane buy me last week. I took a sip and offered some to Liza who refused. "You're already drinking? We haven't even left the house yet!" I shrugged. "Every second of every day should be a party." Liza rolled her eyes at my logic. I grinned and put the bottle in my bag.

When we arrived at the house, we were met outside by David who said hi to Liza and stopped me from going in. "David, what's up?" He grinned and hugged me. "Oh, okay. I guess we're hugging. Seriously, though, what's going on?" David pulled away and smiled his never fading smile. "I met a girl!" My smile faltered, but I managed to keep it up for him. I put my hands on his arms and flashed my fake smile at him. "Thats... great. That's really great, David. What's her name?" He shrugged and Heath came out with David's camera. "Haaaaah, it's a prank! Nobody deserves this sexiness." Heath smacked David's ass and I mustered a low chuckle. "Wow, you are such an ass." I pushed past him and took my bottle out of my bag.

I walked into Heath's room and grabbed his basketball shorts. When I found his pack of cigarettes, I grabbed one and used his lighter to light it. I walked out to the backyard and ignored everyone's protests as I exhaled some smoke in the kitchen. I sat by the pool and smoked and drank my whiskey.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" I exhaled smoke and looked over to see Scotty with a beer in his hand. I took a swig of Jack and shrugged. "I think I like David." Scott laughed and drank some of his beer. "Yeah, I figured. He likes you too. It's pretty obvious considering the way he looks at you as though you were the most beautiful sunset he's ever seen. You're the sun to him, whether he knows it or not." I scoffed and took another drag on my cigarette. "I'm no sun. I'm damaged goods, Scott." Scott shook his head and kissed my head. Scott had become like a brother to me over the course of my stay in the city.

When I had finished my cigarette and the bottle of Jack, I was wasted out of my mind. Scott helped me back inside the house where everyone was sitting in a circle. "Truth or dare?" Everyone, including me, agreed and grabbed their vlog cameras. "I'll start us off," Corinna offered. She looked around and her gaze landed on Zane. "Zane, truth or dare?" Zane rubbed his hands together. "Dare, baby, dare." I chuckled and stole Heath's beer from his hand. "Hey!" I shrugged and gave it back to him. "All right Zane, go ahead and go next door and try to sell some pot to the kids." Zane groaned and got up. Everyone followed him with their cameras. "Hey, kids, you want some pot?" "Excuse me?" A middle aged woman began walking towards us and we ran back home.

Zane clapped his hands and looked at Scott. "Truth or dare, Scotty Sire?" Scott smirked. "Dare." Zane laughed and said, "Call Kristen and admit you cheated on her." Scott grabbed his phone and called her. "What's up, baby?" She answered after two rings. Scott sighed and looked at Zane. "Hey, babe, I just wanted to tell you that I've been cheating on you for a month or so."
"Or so?! What the hell is your problem?! I thought we were building a life together, Scott, and you just decided to throw it all away?! You are an asshole, Scott!"
"Babe, I'm joking. Zane dared me to call you and tell you this." It was silent from her end. After a couple seconds she sighed and finally said, "I'll see you when I get home tomorrow." I giggled as she hung up, clearly still livid with him.

Scott looked at me and asked, "All right, Audrie, truth or dare?" I shook my head and stole Heath's beer again. "I'm too drunk for a dare, so truth." Scott looked around before asking the question. "Why did you tell me you were damaged goods?" I grimaced and sighed. Everyone had turned off their cameras at this point and wanted to know. Liza began to protest but I waved her off. "It's okay, Liza, they can know." Liza shook her head and got up. "I'm not going to sit here and listen to this. I'll see you at home, Audrie."

Once she left, I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. "Okay, well, it was my sophomore year of high school and I was dating this guy. He was the captain of the basketball team, which I admit is really cliche, anyways, he was very abusive with me. He would punch me and kick me depending on how he was feeling that day. He raped me a few times as well, yet I still never mustered up the courage to break things off with him. When I finally did break up with him, I had been planning on hanging myself in mine and Liza's shared room. She caught me before I could step off the chair and I'll forever be grateful for that because I wouldn't have met you all." My eyes lingered on David's before I looked at everyone else. I looked at Scott and got up. "There's my truth. I'm going home." I walked into Heath's room for another cigarette and walked out of the house with the ashes falling on the floor.

As I waited for my Uber, I felt someone sit next to me on the sidewalk. "You didn't have to tell us that," David stated, breaking the silence. "You didn't have to spill things you weren't comfortable with to us." I shrugged and took a drag. David reached for my cigarette and to my surprise, took a drag himself. "Don't tell anyone," He grinned. I nodded and took another drag. "I'm the type of drunk who spills secrets. The type who opens the curtain that should stay closed. I wasn't planning on saying all of that, but I'm drunk and I'm sad and I just needed you to know." I realized what I had said and shut my mouth immediately. David's eyes widened as he stared at me. I chuckled and said, "I mean 'you' in general, in reference to everyone inside as well." He nodded and grabbed his keys.

"I didn't have anything to drink, so I'll take you home." He helped me stand up and opened the passenger side door for me. "Thanks, David." He smiled at me. "You're welcome." He rounded the car and got in the driver's seat. "No, I mean, thank you for being my friend and loving me even though I'm damaged goods." He held my hand as he drove and smiled. "You're not damaged. You're just chipped. I'll fix you, if you'll let me. Audrie Koshy, purest soul to ever waltz into my life." I smiled and fell asleep in his car, his thumb absentmindedly rubbing my hand.