Go Out With Me

Third Person POV

He breathed in the cool air outside the grocery store as he waited for his mom to bring the car around. He checked his phone for any messages and saw three texts from Liza, two missed calls from Alex, and one text with one word from Audrie. She was all he thought about. She was the person who he focused on when he was missing home. Two months was too much.

Two months dragged on in her opinion. All she did for two months was wake up, get dressed, hang out with the guys, eat, go home, sleep, repeat. She felt like a robot. Liza was no help to her. Liza said it was good that he was gone. Liza said he wasn't good enough for her.

"I love you"

The last words he told her before he disappeared inside an airport. The feeling of his lips on hers never once left her mind since that day. The way he gripped onto her waist like she was his lifeline.

February 15th, the day after Valentine's Day, the day David Dobrik stepped off a plane and made his way through LAX. He grabbed his bags and put them on the luggage cart and started walking towards the entrance of the airport.

"David?" He turned and saw Scotty Sire standing with his girlfriend, Kristen, and a few suitcases. "Scotty! How've you been? How's everyone?" Scott looked at Kristen and bit his lip. "Everyone is good for the most part." David was confused. "Good for the most part? What's that supposed to mean?" Kristen walked towards David and touched his arm. "You should visit Audrie before anyone else." He nodded and Scotty tossed him his keys. "Take care of my car, Dobrik."
"Will do, Sire."
With that, they bid David farewell and walked off to catch their flight.

She walked out of the apartment much to Liza's dismay and lit up a cigarette. She smoked it as she walked to her car. She was going with the guys yet again for the sole purpose of binging Game of Thrones and drinking. When she got into the garage, she heard a screeching sound. She turned and saw Scotty Sire's car parked several feet away from her. She continued walking to her car.

"Audrie!"

She froze. Was he back? Was he home? She turned and saw none other than David Dobrik standing outside Scott's car.

Audrie's POV

I stared at him as though he were a figment of my imagination. I opened my palm and touched the lit end of my cigarette, and when it burned, I realized he was real. He was home.
I broke out into a run, dropping my cigarette on the ground, and threw myself into his arms. He laughed as he picked me up and spun me around. "You're back," I whispered, amazed. He grinned and ran his fingers through my hair. "I'm back, baby." I sobbed and pulled away from him. I stared at his face and felt a wave of confidence overflow throughout my body. I clutched onto his shirt and pulled him to me and connected our lips.

The sensation I had been missing, craving, made me weak in the knees. He held onto my waist the way he did the day he left. He was like coming up for fresh air. I pulled away and hugged him again. "I love you, too." He laughed and kissed my hair. We pulled away and laughed at each other. "I'm going to take Scott's car back, you take yours. I'll meet you there." I nodded and hugged him again. I still couldn't believe he was back.

When I had pulled into the guys' driveway, I saw David sitting on the hood of Scott's car. I grinned and cut the engine. I got out of the car and skipped over to his side. "You skip now?" I shook my head. "Only when I'm happy." He flashed his famous smile and held up his camera. "I haven't vlogged in a while. Wanna help me out?" I grabbed the camera and pressed record. I walked into the house and recorded them. Zane came up to me and hugged me the way he had for the last two months. "How you doin' today, baby?" I grinned and looked at everyone. "Guys, I have a surprise for you all." I opened the door and recorded everyone as David crossed the threshold. "I'm back, bitches!" Everyone was shocked, but still managed to run up to him and hug him. "DAVID'S BACK!"
"David, we missed you!"
"What the hell,  man, where were you?"
I laughed as I recorded everyone reuniting.

We all sat drinking and watching tv. David tapped me on the shoulder and jerked his head in the direction of the back door. I slipped away and followed him outside to sit by the pool. "What is it, Dobrik?" He sat by me and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Go out with me. On a date. Not my girlfriend. Not yet. I'll ask you that question if our date goes well." We laughed and I hit him on the chest. "If? Please, it'll be fantastic because it's me." We laughed and I looked up at the sky.

"You're beautiful." I scoffed at his sudden outburst. "I know." He laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, breathing in his scent. "Why did you tell me at the airport that you loved me?" He breathed deeply as he contemplated his answer to my burning question. "I told you that I loved you because for the last few months, you have managed to make me laugh, cry, and feel things that I haven't felt with any other girl. I know the guy is supposed to make the girl feel safe, but would you laugh if I said you make me feel safe?" I laughed and wrapped my arms around his torso. "You should never want to play it safe, Dobrik. Safe is too easy." David chuckled. "No, I don't think you're safe. You're definitely a challenge at times. What I mean is that, I feel better around you. You're not just footage for my vlogs anymore. You're so much more than that. So, will you go out on a date with me?" I chuckled and looked up at him. "It would be my pleasure." He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.