Chapter 22: "I'm Truly Sorry, Part 2"

-Evan POV-

I had just hung up my phone and went to leave the bathroom, until I heard a stall door unlock and a felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around quicker than ever and turned to see Keith. My eyes widen and lit up. I pulled him into a hug, I was crying, he was crying, all of us were crying.

"I'm so sorry." I mumbled as I hugged him.

"No. I'm sorry... Dad..." He mumbled into me, I smiled because he actually called me dad.

"But. I should've never slapped you." I began to speak, after pulling away.

"No. I deserved it, and..." Keith began to say, but I interrupted him.

"No... You never deserved any of it Keith..." I said and he just nodded and buried his face back, sniffling some more, hugging tighter.

I was so relieved to have my son back and that he was speaking to me. 

"How about we go home?" I asked him, looking down at him.

TIME SKIP

He nodded and we began to make our way home.

"I'm sorry if I ruined your Christmas and the party..." Keith said once we began driving.

"Aw bud, you didn't. I mean there might have been a part when you ran away, but you were angry. You were only doing what you felt was right at that time." I said, trying to make him understand that it was okay.

He nodded and began looking out the window.

"She probably hates me, you know?" He said, shaking his head a bit while looking out the window.

"Ray?" I asked while driving.

"Yeah... I kind of snapped at her..." He said, not even looking back. 

"She'll understand Keith..." I said, and he just sighed, nodding though.

I immediately slammed on the breaks, only because I forgot that I should probably call everyone and tell them that I found Keith.

"What did you do that for?" Keith said, gasping slightly.

"I'm sorry... I just remembered that I need to call everyone and tell them I found you." I said, kind of beginning to drive again.

"I can do that, if you want." Keith said and I handed over the phone.

Keith began to text in the group chat, and he also took a selfie, sending it to the group. Soon enough I heard my phone being spammed with stuff and my ringtone just kept going off. It was funny for the first five seconds, but after the tenth message or so, hearing "hoodini" was beginning to get on my nerves and Keith's.

Luckily he silenced it and just set it down, knowing that it'd take a while before it stopped being spammed.

TIME SKIP

We had finally gotten home and saw practically everyone's cars still there. We parked the car and got out. Not even a minute later everyone rushed out and hugged both Keith and myself.

Once they let go we went back inside and began to have an actual Christmas. Keith's face was so wide when he saw all the stuff myself and the others had gotten him. He began tearing up slightly and came over and hugged me.

"I don't deserve this..." Keith mumbled into me.

"You're my son... You deserve the best Keith..." I said, smiling and hugging him back.

TIME SKIP (A Long Time?)

It was finally summer time, Keith had invited some friends over and so did I. We were just having a little Barbecue. Keith came in from playing outside, he looked like he was having fun out there.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" He asked me as I stood by the fridge.

I nodded and smiled, "sure, what's up kiddo?" 

Before he said anything he just hugged me.

"What's this for?" I asked, being confused.

"For being a great father. For never giving up on me no matter what dumb stuff I did. For just being there for me." Keith said, hugging me tighter.

I smiled a bit, "Hey, what's a rocking Owl YouTuber Dad suppose to do?" I chuckled and he laughed.

"Come on Keith!" Someone else called and he looked up at me, I just nodded for him to go along.

The group had gone up to his room to play something. As he went up the steps I couldn't help but smile. Keith and I might have had our ups and downs within the first few months, but I still remember the day I signed those papers and changed our lives forever.

....

A/N: AAALLLLRRRRIIIIGGGHHHTTT! This is the end of this book sadly. I know it seemed rushed and short. However, I want to move on from this book. There is GOOD news though. I WILL be making a newer version of this book sometime soon! Especially since I know how rushed some parts seemed here and how the formating got all messed up within chapters and stuff. Be on the look out for that sometime soon. I honestly can't thank everyone enough who had read this book and dealt with all that crappy shit like the formatting. This was my first attempt at making a somewhat decent book on here. I will say, I don't know if I ever told anyone how I came up with the idea for this book... but here it is...

It was back in like September of 2016(?) and I was sick with the flu. I was home and had YouTube on in the background. I had just gotten back into the BBS (more specifically Evan/Vanoss) and I had left it on while I fell asleep. It was some video of their's. And the next thing I knew, I was having this weird ass dream. The dream involved myself, my friend who used to live next door, and the actor Chandler Riggs (idk why he was there, but he was apart of the adoption.) And I don't remember what happened in the dream, but thats all I can remember. So it inspired me to write it on here and that's how that started. 

So the Chandler in this book is loosely based around the actor Chandler Riggs. Ray is based around my one friend (not the one in the dream) and then there was me (aka the Keith of the story, even tho my name isn't Keith. My name is Jeff... Jk, but it's not Keith, lol.)

Anyway, thats enough rambling there. I just wanted to share that info. And also thank you all for sticking around this book. Like I said, I will be doing a rewritten version sometime soon, since I'm enjoying writing again, lol.