You Didn't Tell Me! ~not edited~

"Expelliarmus!" Sirius Black croaked, pointing Ron's wand at us.

Mine and Harry's and Hermione's and Dani's and Bonnie's wands shot out of our hands, high in the air, and Black caught them. Then he took a step closer. His eyes were fixed on Harry and me.

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely.

His voice sounded as though he had long since lost the habit of using it. But it was so familiar. It was the voice that sounded whenever Snuffles talked to me in my Animagus form. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful… it will make everything much easier…"

I glanced at Harry, who looked as though he were ready to kill Sirius, literally.

"S-Snuffles?" I asked uncertainly, my voice high and shakey. I didn't get it. Snuffles was a dog - not Sirius Black, My brows furrowed and I glanced around, shifted from one hip to the other and stared into Blacks blue eyes, trying to get this whole situation... I couldn't.

Harry started forward, but there was a sudden movement on either side of him and two pairs of hands grabbed him and held him back…"No, Harry!" Hermione gasped in a petrified whisper; Ron, however, spoke to Black.

"If you want to kill Harry and Nixie, you'll have to kill us too!" he said fiercely, though the effort of standing upright was draining him of still more color, and he swayed slightly as he spoke.

Something flickered in Black's shadowed eyes.

"Lie down," he said quietly to Ron. "You will damage that leg even more."

"Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly, though he was clinging painfully to Harry to stay upright. "You'll have to kill all four of us!"

"Six, Ronald!" Bonnie said in exasperation. "Or did you forget Dani and I?"

"There'll be only one murder here tonight," said Black, and his grin widened.

"Why's that?" Harry spat, trying to wrench himself free of Ron, and Hermione. "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew… What's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"

"Harry!" Hermione whimpered. "Be quiet!"

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry roared, and with a huge effort he broke free of Hermione's and Ron's restraint and lunged forward —

He had forgotten about magic, obviously — he had forgotten that he was short and skinny and thirteen, whereas Black was a tall, full-grown man — all Harry knew was that he wanted to hurt Black as badly as he could and that he didn't care how much he got hurt in return — Perhaps it was the shock of Harry doing something so stupid, but Black didn't raise the wands in time — one of Harry's hands fastened over his wasted wrist, forcing the wand tips away; the knuckles of Harry's other hand collided with the side of Black's head and they fell, backward, into the wall — I heard Hermione screaming, Ron yelling, Bonnie cheering Harry on, even Dani gasping but my eyes were fastened on Black's face that reminded me so much of Snuffles. Thats when it hit, Black was Snuffles, and Harry was hitting him... there was a blinding flash as the wands in Black's hand sent a jet of sparks into the air that missed Harry's face by inches; Harry felt the shrunken arm under his fingers twisting madly, but he clung on, his other hand punching every part of Black it could find.

But Black's free hand had found Harry's throat

"No," he hissed, "I've waited too long —"

The fingers tightened, Harry choked, his glasses askew.