I Meet The Hearts

Bonnie never spoke to me after that, and Harry was confused as to why she was ignoring me. It was quite funny if you looked at it one way. Bonnie ignoring me, me ignoring Harry, and Harry left on the side lines like a little loner.

I was in low spirits nowadays. I wanted to help Bonnie so bad but she just wouldn't let me. Every time I brought up the letters she would just storm out of the room in a blink of an eye. But I wasn't guilty for reading them; I met the true Bonnie Heart, and I found nothing wrong with her.

Harry was all Happy Pappy everywhere. He would have a bounce in his step and a grin on his face every time we left to Diagon Alley. To tell you the truth, it annoyed me to no extent. Why did he have to be all happy when I had to be miserable?

"I'm leaving," I mumbled in breakfast. Harry was chatting happily about how much better it was now that we left the Dursleys, Bonnie was glaring at her cereal like it just called her stupid, and I had been poking Harry's scar for the past hour, though he was too happy to care.

"Where?" Harry asked, flicking my hand away from his forehead.

"Anywhere but here," I glared in Bonnie's direction. I had given up trying to apologize to her, she was being irrational and stubborn, and it was unfair that I had to repeat 'sorry' one hundred times a day.

"Seriously!" Harry hissed in exasperation. "What happened between you two?"

"Nothing, Harry," I muttered darkly as Bonnie suddenly stormed out of the room. I glared after her. How could anyone help her if she would never give them the chance to? She said it herself that I was her sister, why didn't she want her sister's help?

I trudged out of the Leaky Cauldron and to the Quidditch store. I had my eye on a broomstick called the Firebolt, but I knew I couldn't get it. I knew it cost too much, even if I had a small fortune, all that money could go fast.

I just stared glumly at the broom with the rest of the children there, I knew I was being perfectly unfair. I had a Nimbus Two Thousand sitting near my trunk right now. I never lost a game with it. What was the use of emptying my Gringotts vault for something I didn't need?

There were stuff, in fact, that I did need. I had wasted all of my potions ingredients and my robes were a little short now.

I went to the Apothecary to replenish my store of potions ingredients, and as my school robes were now several inches too short in the arm and leg, I visited Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and bought new ones. Most important of all, I had to buy my new schoolbooks, which would include those for my new subjects, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, Muggle Studies, and Astronomy. Hermione and I couldn't choose which was more important, so we talked to Professor McGonagall and she promised that she would find a way for us to do all subjects.

I got a surprise as I looked in at the bookshop window. Instead of the usual display of gold embossed spellbooks the size of paving slabs, there was a large iron cage behind the glass that held about a hundred copies of The Monster Book of Monsters.

Torn pages were flying everywhere as the books grappled with each other, locked together in furious wrestling matches and snapping aggressively. I pulled my book list out of my pocket and consulted it for the first time. The Monster Book of Monsters was listed as the required book for Care of Magical Creatures. Now I understood why Hagrid had said it would come in useful the day of my and Harry's birthday. I felt relieved; I had been wondering whether Hagrid wanted help with some terrifying new pet.