Craving Fudge

"Wake up, Ni- I mean... Penelope." I heard a familiar voice say over me. I ignored it, determined to have my beauty sleep.

"Kick her," whispered another voice. "Come on, it'll be funny!"

"I'm not going to kick a girl!" muttered Harry stubbornly.

"Fine, I'll do it," Bonnie said that far too excitedly for my liking.

I heard a whoosh of air and sat bolt upright. Blinking around at my surroundings. Bonnie and Harry had laid me on the ground of the Knight Bus and seemed very annoyed. Bonnie, because she had missed when she tried to kick me and Harry, because they've apparently been trying to wake me up for quite a while now.

"Finally, your up,” said Harry grudgingly. "Stanley was about to throw you out of the bus."

"Okay," I said, scooping up Unicorn and running out of the Knight Bus without saying good-bye to Stan or Ern, who were throwing me glares.

I heard a crash behind me as I stepped out of the Bus. Whirling around, I saw my trunk laying carelessly on the curb.

"HEY!" I yelled indignantly, rushing up to it and seeing if anything was damaged. Fortunately, nothing was.

"There you two are and... your friend." There was someone behind me.

Before I could turn around, I felt a hand on my shoulder and at the same time Stan shouted "Blimey, Ern, come 'ere, come 'ere!"

I looked up at the owner of the hand and nearly jumped out of my skin. It was Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic himself, the man I had been thinking very bad thoughts about for most of the Bus ride. I turned to share a look with Harry and Bonnie, but their eyes were wide with fright and distress. My eyebrow quirked, but I didn't say anything. What were they hiding this time?

Stan leaped onto the pavement beside us.

"What are you doin' here, Minister?" Stan asked, his eyes gleaming.

Fudge, a porky man in a long, pinstriped cloak, looked cold and exhausted.

"I came here to pick up Mister Harry Potter and Miss Nixie Potter... their friend, too," Fudge said, narrowing his eyes at Stan.

I glanced at Bonnie, who seemed slightly annoyed at being called the famous Harry's and Nixie Potter's friend. I wouldn't blame her, if I was introduced like that someone would get kicked in the face.

"I knew it!" yelled Stan gleefully. "Ern! Guess who Neville and Penelope are, Ern! Harry and Nixie Potter, Ern! I can see their scars!"

"Yes," said Fudge testily. "Well, I'm glad the Knight Bus picked up the Potters and their friend-"

"Her name's Bonnie," I corrected, seeing the annoyed expression on Bonnie's face increase. "Bonnie Heart."