Chapter One - The Runner's Choice ♥♪♣$♦★♠

• Присвячено Paramore

NOTE:

Because seemingly nobody bothers to read my message board anymore, I'd like to inform you all that upon the posting of my first real novel, I'll be deleting all of my fanfics. Not a single one will be spared. The writing is hideous, so are the plots, and frankly I have no clue why I thought they were good. Guess my eleven-year-old brain thought they were masterpieces, back then.

But my seventeen-yeard-old brain knows how shitty they really are. So, this is just a warning.

-

* Stella's Room *

   I glance at the clock beside my bed. It reads "2:15a.m." You might be thinking "What is she doing up at this time?" Well the answer is simple. I'm cleaning my cuts and throbbing bruises. Now, you're probably wondering why I'm not at a hospital. Easy answer. He'd kill me if I got in contact with anyone. Who exactly? Well, my own father. OK, at this point; i doubt you know what I'm talking about so lets turn the clock back like around 7 years ago when i was ten...

*Flashback - 7 Years Ago*

I was in my room watching Spongebob when my dad burst threw the door.

"What are you doing filthy brat?" he shouted at me.

I had no idea why he was so mad at me. After all, i was only 10.

"Watching Spongebob dad. What's wrong daddy?"

"What's wrong is that your mother's dead and Valorie just dumped me you stupid kid! All because she thinks you're to much of a hassle!"

"I'm sorry daddy!" i sad as i ran up to him to give him a hug.

When i gave him a hug he swatted me back and slapped me across the face.

"DON'T TOUCH ME YOU WORTHLESS CHILD!" he ranted.

   By now i was in tears. My own father called me worthless. AND slapped me. He's been different since mom died 3 years ago when i was 7, in that dumb car accident. My dad blamed me for it, since, my mother died because she shielded me of the impact i was going to get from the oncoming car.

   Ever since, my father disliked me, but never touched me. My father started to date a lady named Valorie around 5 months ago. He swore he was in love with her. But Valorie never liked me, she thought i was holding my father back from "great things."

   But honestly, i thought she only wanted cash. And now, 5 months and $35,000 spent later, she dumps my father, using me as a pathetic excuse! Great now my father hates me even more.

"YOU PIECE OF RUBBISH! SHE LEFT ME BECAUSE OF YOU!" he yelled.

I stood there taking it all in. The hate, the slap, the names. I couldn't take this type of abuse.

"Dad don't touch me!" I whispered just loud enough for him to hear it.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" he yelled.

I flinched back as he pushed me into the wall. I winced in pain as his fist collided with my face, then with my stomach, then his foot collided with my shin. Then i slipped into the pitch black world of unconsciousness...

*End Of Flashback - Present Time*

   After that, the beatings got worse. 3 months ago he started to use a switch blade to cut me. Now i havemultiple scars around my abdomen. He doesn't dare touch my arms because he knows that somebody from school was going to ask questions. Questions that if i answered, i would get killed over. I've never tried to run. I've spent my time either healing/cleaning my bruises and cuts, or analyzing his work schedule to get the perfect time to run. Great! Now I'm upset because I've talked about the living nightmare that is my life.