Chapter 5

"Is their anyone there?" Ash called out and I walked closer. I heard giggles coming from Maddie and smiled a little. This is going to amuse them, or scare them.

"It's not working!" Maddie sang smiling.

"Jodie, you have to call him forwards, you're the one with the strongest link to him" Sarah whispered and she nodded shakily. "Nothing to be afraid of, he protected you" She smiled at her and Jodie took a deep breath.

"Um, Mr Ghosty, are you there?" They all went into a fit of giggles and Jodie frowned. "Look, I called him that because I didn't know his name guys!" She shouted obviously annoyed.

"Okay okay, calm girls. No more laughing" Ashley smirked and they all hushed. "Ready when you are Jodie" She whispered biting her lip.

"If you're with us, show us a sign. Touch one of us" She whispered and I heard Maddie snort.

"Perverted Ghost much?" She whispered and Ashley snorted.

"Blow a candle out, whisper something to us" Jodie shrugged and I knelt down beside of her. "I Don't think it's..." 

"Hello Jodie" I whispered in her ear making everyone but her scream. She just sat there frozen, eyes wide. I put my hand on her shoulder making her flinch and her breathing became shaky. "I won't hurt you" I whispered and Ashley's jaw dropped.

"I..I don't want to do this anymore" Sarah whispered pulling her hands away from the girls. They stared at her and frowned.

"You can't just pull away! Now the doors left open"

"I'm not a ghost Jodie" I whispered, "Iv'e always been here" I went to hug her but she jumped and ran to her room. The girls quickly followed her but the door was shut.

"Jodie open up!" Sarah shouted.

"I want you to go home" She whispered "This was a mistake okay? You tell no one" She shouted that.

"Jodie please"

"GO HOME" She screamed making them all flinch. They sighed and walked down grabbing there bags and leaving. I heard the door unlock and she peeked out to make sure they was gone. Her eyes were red, I obviously brought back some memories she didn't want to remember. Did I just destroy her life? Make her remember the night her father died? Make her know how alienated I made her feel because I was the man who wasn't there.

She sniffed and walked to her bed sitting on it sadly. She looked so beautiful even when she was sad and crying, I walked up to her slowly, sitting next to her making the bed go down a little. "You're still here aren't you...Because we didn't close the door to your world" She whispered and I took her hand making her flinch again.

"I'm not a ghost Jodie, I'm a man who's stuck"

"You are a ghost!" She screamed and I sighed.

"Jodie, I was cursed. This weird women did a curse on me because I wanted to love someone who loved me for my personality and not my looks! Well that kind of backfired since now I'm no one. I'm invisible!" I frowned. I looked at her and she looked speechless. "You was alone Jodie, just like me...I had to stay with you, look after you" I whispered sadly.

"What happened that night with my father, did you kill him?" She asked as more tears fell down her face.

"No, A man killed your father Jodie, he was going to kill you too and I couldn't let that happen. I did something I shouldn't have"

"You killed him" She whispered, "You killed my dads murderer"

"Yes...But I won't hurt you, I'd never hurt you Jodie! I'm stuck like this and you're the only person who understood what it was like to be alone, you spoke to me and didn't care if I was cursed or if you couldn't see me" I sighed. "You made me feel welcome. You made me feel human" She looked to her side and frowned.

"I wish I could see you" She whispered, "You sound like you need a hug" She chuckled shakily and I smiled.

"We all need a hug sometimes, at least I can hug you?" I chuckled hugging her, She looked confused at first, then she hugged me back.

"I'm sorry to hear what happened to you..."

"Frank, my names Frank" I whispered And she smiled closing her eyes.

"Nice to meet you Frank" She chuckled sleepily. "Are you going too stay?" She whispered quietly and I rest my chin on her head.

"I have a lot of answers to give you. Of course I'm staying. Jodie Iv'e always been with you and just because we've 'met' again doesn't mean I'm just going to leave. I'm staying even if you don't want me to" I whispered and she smiled weakly before falling asleep. I suppose our little meet up wasn't that bad, At least I'm not alone again. She spoke to me...She wants to speak to me which is even better. One thing I'm dreading is morning, what if she thought this was all a dream and decides to blank me again? I don't think she will, it's too weird. I suppose we'll just have to find out?