Chapter 4

"Happy birthday!" A group of girls screamed at Jodie, she sat on the sofa giggling. Jodie turned sixteen today, it felt like only yesterday when we first met...When I first decided to raise her on my own. After she turned thirteen I stopped talking to her, it scared her to know that she was the only one talking to a 'Ghost' and I'm surprised she didn't get scared earlier.

"Thanks" She smiled hugging her friends, she was having a birthday sleepover today. Social services didn't come because her auntie came to look after her. I was still here though, protecting her if her auntie couldn't. I even sent her presents but I obviously didn't put who it was from. Her reaction when she got the present was quite funny, she thought she was getting stalked...Well technically I was if you think about it. "Who is this from though?" She asked holding the present I got her, it was a necklace. "It's always the same handwriting"

"Well, I think it's cute" Sarah whispered shrugging and all the girls laughed at her, "Aw come on! He sends you presents and marks it 'Love from F xo' which is cute" She mumbled and I smiled.

"Cute but creepy" Jodie chuckled, I give her that.

"You're sixteen...And legal" Maddie winked and my eyes widened. I remember when I turned sixteen, all my friends said that to me. It must just be a friend thing.

"Just cause I'm sixteen doesn't mean I'm going out and loosing it" She laughed, smart girl. Me and her auntie raised her well!

"Hey Jodie, why don't we do a seance and get your ghost friend here. Remember him?" Ashley smirked and I frowned.

"Don't be a dick Ash" Sarah whispered and Jodie looked down.

"You know, he was there because I was alone Ash. My parents died and I had no one. I made him up in my head because I needed someone. Maybe if you was in my shoes then you'd understand how hard it was" She geared up and I walked forwards quietly.

"Ugh, I'm sorry" Ashley whispered and Sarah rubbed Jodie's back, comforting her. Maddie's eyes lit up which meant she did have an idea.

"You know what, we should do a seance!" She huffed and everyone stared at us. "Well maybe you was haunted as a child, let's get him back" She nodded once and the others shrugged.

"He was just my imaginary friend guys...Not a ghost" She chuckled, so she didn't think I was a ghost? Then Why call me Ghosty?

"We heard him Jodie" Ash whispered shaking her head. "When you was Eleven and we first met...I heard a voice when no one was there, it was like it was following you around. It was like it was always there" She remembers that? Wow,

"Same here" Maddie whispered and Jodie's jaw dropped.

"So I was haunted by a man? Maybe my dad!?" She gasped. "No...Didn't sound like my dad. Right, lets do this seance" She jumped up and ran past me grabbing a lighter and some candles, A seance? Really? Well maybe this is my chance to speak to her again. It was nice speaking to someone who wouldn't freak and the only person that wouldn't was a child. She ran back placing the candles down and lighting them. "Link hands" She whispered turning the lights off and holding hands with Maddie and Sarah.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Sarah asked shakily and Ash smirked.

"I kind of miss the guy. He was always there for me and I never had a chance to say thanks" She blinked weakly and they nodded.

"Well girls, let the seance begin!" Ash said excitedly. She missed me? Well she won't need to now, I'm here and about to make a big entrance.