Chapter 9

The first thing I did was walk outside, on my own. It was a weird feeling, people was actually looking at me. They moved out of my way and some people even smiled at me. I felt welcomed, I felt human.

I sat on the park bench looking around. Everything looked brighter, I felt happier.

What would I do first? I was human now, I could do anything. People would be able to interact with me! It probably wouldn't seem like a big thing to anyone else but after having so many years of people ignoring me, after so many years of being so alienated and isolated...I was finally free.

"Excuse me, may I sit here?" I looked up to see a girl standing in front of me, she was wearing an extremely short skirt, a skinny tank top which made her boobs pop out and  so much make up on that she could be classed as a oompa loompa.

"Sure" I smiled, I'd accept anyone's company.

"It's very hot today" She chuckled sitting down next to me. I nodded looking up at the sky. "So...I haven't seen you round here before?"

"I'm new to town" I lied, well, technically I would be new to town. Plus, I felt like a new person.

"Ah, I could show you around if you want" She bit her lip, looking directly in my eyes. Was this a sign of her flirting?

"Ah it's fine, I know my way around" I smiled at her looking down. 

"So what's a cute guy like you doing on your own?" She asked, moving closer to me. I chuckled slightly shaking my head. 

A thought popped into my head. Was I going back to how I was before the curse? The one where I'd go to any girl because they liked me for my looks and not personality? I couldn't trust anyone...Apart from Jodie. She spent her life getting to know me and she made me who I am now. She loved me for me not my looks. 

"I'm not on my own actually" I whispered. What was I doing? I wanted to be away from Jodie? No. I didn't. I was being stupid. I loved her. I finally found someone to love and I left her. I told her I wanted to be away from her before I left her house...She looked so sad.

"Who's with you then? I see no one" She frowned looking around.

"The girl of my dreams" I whispered, smiling and standing up, "I have to go get her now" I walked, then I changed that to a run. I had to get to Jodie as soon as possible. 

I knew what Jodie was thinking when I told her I wanted to go outside in the open, when I told her I didn't want to be with her now I was free. Harsh right? She thought I used her...I thought I was using her. Turns out we both fell in love with each other. 

It was strange, how I thought about the future. She was in it. I could just picture it now, her in a beautiful white wedding dress fitting her so perfectly. That beautiful smile plastered on her face as she walked down the isle. I could picture us growing old together and yet staying so happy and so in love. Was it normal to think like this?

I ran to her house, banging on the front door. I was panting, excitement building up inside of me.

The door opened slowly, a tear stained girl stood there looking at me confused. I looked at her sadly...I did this.

"Frank..." She whispered, "What are you doing here...I thought you was leaving for good" She choked out and I shook my head.

"Oh Jodie, after all these years of knowing me, you think I'd do that?" I tilted my head slightly and she managed to smile for me. "Silly girl" I whispered stepping forward and crashing my lips against hers.

I felt her arms wrap tight around me, this is what I wanted. I wanted Jodie to be with me and I had her. I had all I needed and wanted and I was happy. 

"Never leave again" She mumbled and I nodded. There wasn't any reason to leave. Why would I leave this behind? Why would I go back to my old ways when I was so unhappy then. It's strange, this curse...I say it was so horrible yet in the end it did me good. I met someone who loved me for me and that's what I always wanted. I was in love and best of all? I was the happiest guy in the world.

A/N: Sorry about the rushed ending...Hope you enjoyed the story though!