Chapter 3

"Can I have a piggy back ride please Ghosty?" She asked pouting and looking around, how would that work? A little girl floating in mid air, yeah that would be easy to explain.

"I can't" I whispered and her pouty mouth soon turned into a full on stroppy frown.

"Why not!?" She stomped her foot and I sighed.

"Well first of all, I'm a 'Ghosty' so people will think you're magic and before you say it's a good thing, it's not. It's our little secret Jodie, okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"I wish daddy was here, he said these streets are dangerous! I can't see you!!!" She looked down sadly, "I'm scared Ghosty" She whimpered and I put my hand on her back gently. This isn't right, maybe she had grandparents? Someone who was actually there to be there for her, I'm no one so how could I be there for her?

"I'm here Jodie, I always am okay?  When you're in danger I'll always be here to protect you. No one will hurt you" I whispered and saw a cheeky grin on her face. 

"Yay, you're like my uncle Ghosty! Daddy said if anyone hurt me that he would put a shot gun up their bum" She looked round confused and I smirked, protective dad.

We continued walking, people walked by looking worried and confused at Jodie, wouldn't you if you saw a six year old walking on her own? Talking to herself? Scrap the last part, kids have active imaginations, Imaginary friends. A man approached us...Or her, looking quite suspicious. He bent down in front of her as she stopped walking.

"Well hello there little girl" He smiled and looked round "And what's a pretty thing like you doing walking alone? It's dangerous out here you know" He flashed her a smile and she shook her head quickly.

"No no, I'm not alone! Ghosty's with me" She smiled at him and he raised an eyebrow. He pointed right at me, well my legs. 

"And is this Ghosty there?" He asked reaching for my leg, I stepped back and she nodded unsure. "Hello Ghosty, pleased to meet you" He chuckled and I frowned "How about you and Ghosty here come with me, I have some interesting sweets and food I'm giving away" He smiled and she gasped.

"Oh can I go Mr Ghosty!?" She questionned me and I growled making him look around again. "Oh Please" She pleaded.

"No" I quickly whispered to her but knew he heard. 

"Is someone with you hunny?" He stood up panicking. "Don't lie to me now" He smiled but worry filled his eyes.

"Mr Ghosty is with me sir!" She flashed him a big grin and as he went to grab her, I kicked him in the stomach making him fall.

"What the.."He whispered rolling around.

"Hi there, I'm Ghosty" I taunted him making him crawl back, "This is one girl you shouldn't have chosen you sick sick man" I kicked him in the face making him bleed.

"Ghosty I'm scared" Jodie whimpered and I stopped hurting the man. I turned to her and walked holding her hand. 

"It's okay Jodie, I'm here, let's get you to school yeah?" I whispered and she nodded walking by the man. I honestly don't know how people could do that, why would you want to do that to a young girl? She's just too sweet and innocent. Well for one thing, no one will touch her. I'm not leaving her side. If I have to I'll raise her.