Chapter 1

I'm like a ghost, you can't see me. If I speak you can hear me, If I touch you, You can feel me but this curse...I am no one. This was my own fault. I shouldn't have gone looking for love. Girl's always picked me because of how I looked. My personality meant nothing to them and it was driving me insane. I wanted someone to love me for being myself and now look where I am. Invisible. At least I don't have to worry about getting mugged or murdered? I can go round the streets at night without being scared of that.

The person who did this to me said that if I find love then it'll go and I'll basically be human again. Iv'e been looking for years though, haven't found anyone. I wish it would all be over. Face it, if they can't see me they can't love me. 

"Please...Leave my daughter out of this" I heard a man beg and I couldn't help but follow the voice. He sounded...Scared.

"Haha, young Jodie. She's six right? Oh I'll enjoy this" I turned the corner to see a man being pinned to the wall and another holding him there smirking. 

"Please, not her" He begged again and the man slammed him against the door "You'll wake her" He sobbed.

"Open the fucking door now" The man spat at him and the other scrabbled up on his feet opening the door quickly. They both walked in and I followed closely behind. Something bad was going to happen, I had to find the right time to stop it. "Your weak" he chuckled and pulled out a gun, my heart stopped for a moment and I stared at them.

"No...Please" The man begged, his eyes widened as the other aimed it at him. "Jodie only has me left!" He shouted and the man just laughed at him.

"You honestly think  I give a shit? Hey, put it this way. You'll be with your darling Mandy" He smiled sickly and the other man dropped to his knee's. I walked to the gun but it was too late. There was a loud bang and I stopped dead in my tracks. I slowly moved my neck to face the now limp body to the side of me covered in blood. He was helpless. 

"D...Daddy" I heard a squeak come from the top of the stairs and I saw a girl standing there shaking violently. Her eyes wouldn't leave the body.

"Jodie...Let's re-unite the family eh?" He smirked and pointed the gun at her, I frowned and dived on him pinning him to the floor. The gun span out of his hands at to the wall. "What the fuck" He whispered trying to make sense on what was happening. I squeezed tight on his throat and he began to choke.

"What's happening" She sobbed trying to wipe the tears away but they was only replaced by new ones. I squeezed harder and harder until there was no more sound from him. I let go slowly and stood up staring at her. "Daddy" She whispered and I started walking up the stairs slowly. "Wh..Who's there" She whispered staring at my feet, well the stairs. My footsteps were too loud but I didn't care. I walked to her and knelt putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Go to bed" I whispered and softly as I could and she looked at her shoulder confused. "It's okay" I whispered again frowning at my words, it wasn't okay. Her dad was just killed in front of her eyes! She's probably terrified. 

"Are you a ghosty?" She asked and I sighed.

"Let's get you tucked in and we'll speak then" I whispered even quieter and she walked off. I stood up and followed her slowly. Her room was covered in little butterflies and she was already in her bed waiting for me. Waiting for the 'Ghost' to come and tell her what she wanted to know. I walked over and sat on the bed tucking her in. She smiled slightly and looked round trying to figure out where I was.

"Ghosty, is daddy okay?" She asked and tears filled my eyes. How could I tell such a young girl that her dad was dead? She probably thought they was play fighting and his okay.

"His going away for a while" I whispered keeping my voice steady.

"But who will look after me? Mummy's gone away too!" That pulled on a heart string, I covered my face in my hands and sniffed quietly. "Is ghosty crying?" She asked and I looked at her clearing my throat

"Ghosty's going to be here to protect you" I whispered "I'll always be here" She smiled slightly and closed her eyes. Poor thing, both her parent's are dead. I'll have to get rid of the body's when she's asleep. I'm going to look after her? Even though I'm invisible? I couldn't just leave her, there was something strange about her, a good strange though.