Chapter 8

How to make a girl fall in love with you fully, step one: be romantic. Yes, I'm cooking her dinner tonight. All by myself actually. There will be candles, love songs and the lights will be dimmed. I was getting excited, soon I'll be free of this curse and I'll be able to live again. 

I was so close to freedom that I felt like a child on Christmas day! Patience is the key she said, I wish she'd fall in love with me faster though.

"Frankie!" She called out running down "You...Whoa" She whispered scanning the room. I put red roses up for decoration and there was a table with two seats, a red cloth over it and one heart shape candle. It looked like something from a movie. "You did this?"

"For you" I smiled, "Take a seat. Food will be ready soon" I smiled and took her hand gently, sitting her down. I walked to the oven, praying that I wouldn't burn the food. It was only Lasagna and a small salad but still.

"You didn't have to do this Frank" She chuckled and I shook my head, I did need to do this. She'd fall in love with me more if I did this.

"Think of it as a celebration" I whispered pulling the lasagna out of the oven and putting it onto the counter, cutting it and dishing it onto the plates. "Plus, I'm hungry" I chuckled placing the plate in front of her. I wasn't much of a meat eater so I hope she liked vegetable lasagna! "Tuck in" I whispered shovelling the food down my throat. Well, it probably didn't look attractive but I was actually really hungry.

I heard her giggle, probably because I looked like a pig. At least it made her laugh?

"Good manners, Frank" She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"My parents brought me up well then" My smile faded a little and I stopped eating, "Do you think you'll still like me when I'm visible" I asked her, poking the food with my fork.

"Frank, I honestly think I'd like you more. When you become visible I'll be able to know where you are, I'd be able to hug and kiss you" She blushed a little, "I hope you become visible soon" She chuckled and I swallowed hard.

I stood up slowly, she watched me. I walked to her slowly, grabbing her hands so gently and pulling her out of her seat. She chuckled nervously and looked me in my eyes. 

"So you mean you can't kiss me now? Funny, cause I can kiss you" I whispered and leaned in, kissing her softly. She was smiling into the kiss. She tasted so sweet, so delicious.  I think this was her first kiss, I was happy to be her first kiss.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss. I felt something in my stomach, butterflies? Most probably. I didn't want to pull away either. I wouldn't, she would have to.

"I love you, Frank" She mumbled, pulling away but still keeping our faces inches apart. I felt my heart skip a beat and I looked into her eyes smiling wide.

"I love you too, Jodie" I whispered. I had a little headache, it was strange. I felt quite nasious as well. It was probably the food, I hope I didn't poison her.

"Are you okay?" She asked but I felt myself stumble, my knee's felt like jelly. "Frank!" She shouted but I fell to the floor. My forehead was sweating, my body was so warm. What was happening to me!?

"Help me" I croaked out but felt my eyes closing. Was I dying!? Why!? This was so sudden, why did this happen after I kissed her. Maybe she was also cursed, whoever she kissed died. Probably  not but I wasn't ruling out anything after what happened to me.

"Frank? Frank..." I heard her voice trail off. It felt like my body was on fire, I was in the darkness yet my body was radiating light off. It felt like I was alive, a new person. "Oh my god" She whispered and I tried opening my eyes. Did she think I was dead?

My eyelids finally opened, it was like I was looking out of someone else's eyes. It was a new world, more colourful than last time.

"Frank...The curse is broken" She whispered and I looked down at my body. "I can see you. Oh my god!" She hugged me tight, crying tears of joy. I felt myself grin widely, I wanted to scream from the top of my lungs because I felt so happy. I wanted to cry tears of joy but I didn't. I just stayed in Jodie's arms, letting her embrace me.

I was finally free. I owed Jodie for that.