TWENTY TWO<>OWT YTNEWT

Elias woke up a few minutes after getting electrocuted. The lights were off and her door was open. A red light was flashing in the hallway.

"Elias?" Sam ran down the hall.

"Sam." She says hoarsely.

The dark skinned man runs in, a concerned look on his face as he helped her up and out the door.

"Remind me to come back and kill all the agents here." Elias grumbled as Sam led her outside the room.

"How about no." Sam says with a serious expression.

"What happened?" Elias asked.

"The Winter Soldier's back." Sam says before looking behind her. His eyes grew wide with fear as he grabbed Elias's arm.

"Come on!"

But Elias was shoved against the wall by the Winter Soldier. Sam's head was slammed into the wall, making him collapse.

"James! It's me!"

He looked up at her, his eyes cold and empty. There was no sign of James in there.

"James! Please...." She trailed off as oxygen was depleted from her. Her face started to turn a dark red-purple.

Steve came to her aid, knocking James away from her and fighting him. Elias gasped and coughed as air refilled her lungs. She stood up and chased the two super soldiers while fighting down the urge to vomit. She saw James point a gun at Tony.

"James, no!!!" Elias shouted and jumped from the balcony and tackled him to the ground. He put the gun to her thigh then shot it. Elias screamed as she heard the crack of her bone, blood starting to seep through her jeans and onto the floor. Steve punched James, taking his mind off of her. She stood up, whimpering in pain and forced herself to run.

"Elias, stand down!" She heard the familiar voice of Natasha.

She turned and glared at her, her eyes flashing golden white. "Just be glad I haven't killed you yet."

Elias ran out of there and to the helipad. Steve held a departing helicopter with James in it. Elias grew her wings, pain spreading through her back and arms. She ignored the pain and helped him, but the helicopter and helipad ended up falling into the canal. Elias's right wing was hit by a piece of the helicopter rotor, making her go crashing down.

When her body hit the water and started to sink, she panicked. She wasn't a good swimmer and she was already exhausted and weak. Right as she was about to give up, Steve grabbed her and resurfaced, James in his other arm. Elias clutched onto his arm tightly, her body shaking and tears threatening to fall.

"It's okay, Eli. It's okay." Steve kissed her head in a brotherly way.

She nodded as Steve helped her swim across the canal, Sam meeting them with a Volkswagen Beetle.

"You're safe, Elias. I promise." Steve comforts.

She nodded as James was put in the backseat. He was unconscious and it worried Elias a little.

She grabbed his limp hand, her body still shaking at all of her memories from HYDRA came back to her. The memories she buried all those years back.